Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1425

Thread: Who are you seeing? Gigs, concerts, shows etc

Quote Originally Posted by emanate View Post
    ^ How was Belly, beanstew? I didn't get to go to their show in Philadelphia earlier this month after all. I'm hopeful they'll come around again sometime since they seem to be working on new material.
    Sorry you couldn't make it!

They were great. They played for a good 2 hours with a break and covered most of the songs from King and Star and also a couple of new ones that fitted right in with the rest of the set so we can all hope for a new album! They all seemed to be having some much fun and really feeling the enormous love from the audience.

Tanya!

I hope you get another chance to see them soon!

Quote Originally Posted by emanate View Post
    Next up for me is Mitski at a club in Dublin when I visit in a few weeks. I'm so excited! Puberty 2 is definitely one of my favorite albums this year. I've been passing different tracks along to friends and the universal reaction has been "Where was she when we were sixteen?" (Answer: she was a little kid.) I'm also eager to see what the crowd is like. Whenever I travel I like to go to at least one concert in part because it's cool to see how the vibe differs from place to place.
    I would love to see Mitski!

Next up for me is Bill Botting, Tiger Cats and Slow Down, Molasses at a room under a pub in London next week. A pub with some of the finest beers available so it should be a good night! Then it's the End of the Road festival where some harpist or other is headlining.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    Sorry you couldn't make it!

They were great. They played for a good 2 hours with a break and covered most of the songs from King and Star and also a couple of new ones that fitted right in with the rest of the set so we can all hope for a new album! They all seemed to be having some much fun and really feeling the enormous love from the audience.

Tanya!

I hope you get another chance to see them soon!

I would love to see Mitski!

Next up for me is Bill Botting, Tiger Cats and Slow Down, Molasses at a room under a pub in London next week. A pub with some of the finest beers available so it should be a good night! Then it's the End of the Road festival where some harpist or other is headlining.
    Yes, I went to see Belly too. Really great experience! They were really cool with the audience and they played a really long show of all the songs I wanted to hear!

Mitski is coming here too! I will have to get tickets as well.

Jean Michel Jarre tonight!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    beanstew - you have such a cool life. i think it's safe to say that you go to more shows than anyone (with the possible exception of Blake) on this board. i'm lucky if i see 1 or 2 concerts a year!

OMG
    Loreena mckennit is coming to amsterdam and i have tickets!!!
    After seeing Natalie Merchant earlier this year, this was the last on my 'live act' bucket list. So freaking excited!!!
    (If she does dante's prayer or the old ways, i'm going to ugly cry)
    post28!

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Oct 22 - Failure, Grand Rapids MI (performing Fantastic Planet)
    Oct 26 - Peter Hook of Joy Division/New Order (possibly)
    Nov 4 - Róisín Murphy, Ferndale MI (possibly)
    Nov 10 - B-52's, Battle Creek MI
    Nov 14 - Caspian / Appleseed Cast, Grand Rapids MI
    Nov 20 - A Drag Queen Christmas, Grand Rapids MI (Bob the Drag Queen, Kim Chi, Pearl, Alyssa Edwards, etc)
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 10-08-2016 at 10:02 PM.

I saw Warpaint last week. Really great show. I also saw the Bird and the Bee a few weeks ago which was great.

This coming week I'm seeing Beach Slang with Bleached, and also Shura.

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    OMG
    Loreena mckennit is coming to amsterdam and i have tickets!!!
    After seeing Natalie Merchant earlier this year, this was the last on my 'live act' bucket list. So freaking excited!!!
    (If she does dante's prayer or the old ways, i'm going to ugly cry)
    Very awesome! I was just listening to my iTunes library on shuffle and Troubadours On The Rhine came on (The Lady Of Shalott, I think) and was thinking I need to see her live at some point. Dante's Prayer would indeed incite ugly crying. I also have endless love for The Highwayman, but it's not really a tear-jerker.

I'm almost done the busiest part of my concert season. Saw Dar Williams two weeks ago, Rachael Yamagata last week and Sara Watkins on Wednesday. Now all that's left is:

Paula Cole - tonight!
    Patty Griffin - October 31
    Ingrid Michaelson - November 16
    Amy Ray - November 29

I also love the Highwayman but figured it would be way too long for a concert, but it turns out she does The Lady of Shallot in her sets, soooooo
    (Yeah, I googled the setlists of earlier shows this year and The Old Ways and Dante's Prayer both seem to be a staple!!)
    post28!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Just got back from Justin Vivian Bond's annual holiday show at Joe's Pub. I've seen v countless times now and I'm still amazed at v's stage presence. I've never seen anything like it. V opened with a cover of Leonard Cohen's You Want It Darker and it was perfect.

Regina Spektor - 3/12
    Radiohead - 4/1
    Silversun Pickups - 5/1
    Banks - 6/10
    Hall & Oates and Tears for Fears - 6/11
    Depeche Mode - 9/18

in the near future:

los fabulosos cadillacs
    gogol bordello w/ Devotchka
    brit floyd
    cafe tacuba
    pixies