Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 1,441 to 1,451 of 1451

Thread: Who are you seeing? Gigs, concerts, shows etc

That goddam amazing Hallelujah cover; she is ridiculous

From a vocal standpoint, she might be my favorite singer. Her voice is just exceptionally, exquisitely beautiful and communicative. We've all heard "Hallelujah" a million times by now and I'm pretty sick of it -- but I actually got teary listening to her sing it last night.

Ingenue has held up so well--it's a really timeless album. It still sounds absolutely unique, but I was thinking last night of how outside of the mainstream it was at the time. It was released when grunge was at its peak!

I saw her early in her career, just coming off of the first rockabilly stuff. For her first song, she sat at the piano and accompanied herself singing and it was just amazing, the room went silent. And then, just to show off, she did a glissando starting at the low end of her singing register up to the top, and I don't know, but I'm guessing that her range goes from a high tenor well up into soprano. The crowd exploded, none of us had heard anything like that.

Vocal Range: Technically, k.d. lang is considered an alto (or contralto), that voice that falls between a tenor (male) and mezzo soprano (female). But in reality, we can essentially toss this label out the window. She has such a phenomenal lower and higher register range, it is almost ridiculous to even give k.d. lang a name.
    https://kkatsenis.com/2014/09/03/why...omment-page-1/

Daphne & Celeste were so good! It was one of the most colourful, bonkers and above all fun gigs I've ever been too! Daphne was making balloon animals on stage and handing them out to people in the front row. I got one and got it signed by them both after the show. They are lovely and hilarious! Max Tundra was there too so I got the new CD signed by all three of them. The whole crowd was up for a party and that was just what D&C supplied with bubbles, streamers, beach balls and dancing (bad dancing in my case ) !

photos spoilered for size and quantity
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

My calendar was mostly empty, my wallet was mostly full, and then I got on Ticketmaster...

Lissie - May 23
    Aimee Mann - June 19
    Lera Lynn (with John Paul White & Peter Bradley Adams) - June 27
    Katie Herzig - July 11
    Paula Cole - July 13
    Jenny Lewis - July 27
    Neko Case - Sept 20
    Indigo Girls - Oct 14
    Rufus Wainwright - Dec 4
    Last edited by Nick; 04-26-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Enjoyed a wonderful Max Richter Concert in Bremen, Germany tonight.
    He performed Infra and The Blue Notebooks with 6 string players and a female narrator.
    It was very moving and magical

So excited to get tickets for Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers at Carnegie Hall next May. I have no idea what Carnegie Hall is like, and/or if my seats are awful, but Nickel Creek are my favorite band and have only come out of break-up/hiatus for one short album & tour since they toured with Fiona in 2007. A double bill with Chris Thile's other/newer band is just a bonus.

For all Dead Can Dance Lovers - there seems to be a tour coming probably next year according to David Kuckhermann who played the Hang on their last tour.
    "In September I will be on a solo tour in China for concerts and masterclasses and soon we will go on tour with Dead Can Dance again. "
    https://airedelcouk.wordpress.com/20...d-kuckhermann/
    He will also be on tour in october in germany with Lisa.

^I haven't listened to, Hiraeth, the album Lisa and David Kuckhermann just released, but it looks enticing. I saw Dead Can Dance during the Anastasis tour years back and it was great.
    Last edited by dAmION; 08-28-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    ^I haven't listened Hiraeth to the album Lisa and David Kuckhermann just released, but it looks enticing. I saw Dead Can Dance during the Anastasis tour years back and it was great.
    Hirath is a wonderful melange of Lisa's singing style and Kuckhermann's rythmic playing.
    The sound of the Hang is so warm and full - when I listen to the songs it feels like I am entering a room of sounds.
    The final track Watchtower is my personal highlight, sad and soothing at the same time.

Got me a ticket for Dead Can Dance June 2019