Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: NEW MADONNA ALBUM 2012-- M.D.N.A. (Discussion, Details, Updates, Etc.)

Turn Up To Radio is a jam.Looking back to the record,i'm coming terms with the fact that i enjoy this record quite a lot.Girl Gone Wild and Turn up To Radio may seem basic but they are great upbeat numbers.Gang Bang and I'm Addicted are high quality songs meanwhile the album delivers on the ballad side as well.I love it,i'm unrepentant about it.
    the draught was the very worst

Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post
    Orbit's new remix of Some Girls:

https://soundcloud.com/orbitstreamcast/sg-remix

Yeah, this is brilliant. I read that Orbit said that this was his definitive version of the song. It's still my second favorite song on the album after "Falling Free."

There's a really good album buried in MDNA. You just need to ignore Girl Gone Wild (cliche dance track), Give me all your luvin (horrible single with lousy rap bits), Turn up the Radio (guilty pleasure, but too teeny-poppy) and Superstar (URGH).

I still love Gang Bang, Some Girls, I don't give a (terribly underrated), Love Spent, Masterpiece and Falling Free. These are all better than most of Rebel Heart...
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    There's a really good album buried in MDNA.
    No. There's a nice 4-track EP buried in a lot of awful/trashy tracks.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    I still love Gang Bang, Some Girls, I don't give a (terribly underrated), Love Spent, Masterpiece and Falling Free. These are all better than most of Rebel Heart...
    Interesting premise, thanks! Let's see:

Really like - MDNA
    Love Spent
    I Don't Give A
    Girl Gone Wild
    Some Girls
    Masterpiece
    I'm Addicted
    Falling Free
    Gang Bang

Really like - Rebel Heart
    Devil Pray
    Living for Love
    Messiah
    S.E.X.
    Wash All Over Me
    Ghosttown

I think I agree, wout! Both albums are flawed to me, but MDNA has a little bit of edge that I like (at least in theory, I do wish she would have taken it further and deeper). Rebel Heart has a pop sheen that turns me off a little bit. It's unbearable on songs like Veni Vidi Vici, Body Shop and the title track. They all remind a little bit of the song "True Blue" - it's a side of Madonna I really can't get with.