Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW MADONNA ALBUM 2012-- M.D.N.A. (Discussion, Details, Updates, Etc.)

And the newest releases are always referred to as the best, before they come out, to hype it up.

True. I never heard AL or HC referred to as her best album in any of the pre-album hype, though. And Madonna herself, egomaniac though she is, has never been one to say that any of her releases were "her greatest work ever," with perhaps the exception of ROL.

It still doesn't mean much when vague "sources" claim that something is out-of-this-world, which I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post
    It's funny that the many "insider source" comments we've gotten have included things like "this is Madonna's best album", "it also contains serious songs, not just GAYL fluff", "it's a mix between ROL and Music", etc., which to me acknowledge the negative expectations, like it's trying to convince us...
    Exactly how I'm reading those remarks. I'm all for being pleasantly surprised, trust me. I hate that I'm going into it with a negative outlook but maybe the final version of the single + video + Super Bowl will make me do a 180.

I just can't imagine a RoL/Music mix at this point in time. I'll wait until I hear it though. Maybe we'll be surprised.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post
    like it's trying to convince us...
    Or themselves.
    Those "insider reviews" seem to be paid for and I believe they are in the end pernicious to the final product. I'm sure many people get hyped up over those "reliable bits of information" and end up more disappointed than they would've been if they hadn't had their expectations played with.
    I will remain skeptical until I hear the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    While both Stuart Price and William Orbit have mixes with Madonna-only vocals, though no confirmation of release has been given yet.
    When I quickly skimmed over this sentence I thought it said there was going to be a guest vocal by Prince William.
    Black Diamond finally confessed

I'm curious as to when we'll get an official press release for the album. If it is indeed coming out in March we should have more official information within the next two or three weeks I should think. Hard Candy came out on April 29, 2008 here in the States and the press release for the album was released on March 2nd.
    Last edited by Joey; 01-07-2012 at 05:07 AM.

From DrownedMadonna:

Madonna's first single, Gimme All Your Luvin, from her upcoming album is impacting radio on February 7th, 2012, according to AllAccess.com. Well, apparently it is impacting two days after the Super Bowl Half Time Show and not on late January as announced on the latest press release.

Note that All Access is calling the song as Give Me All Your Love instead of Gimme All Your Luvin.

Read more: http://drownedmadonna.com/#ixzz1imoz0uvp

They just updated it with this. More speculation!

Madonna New Album and Single: Latest News

Besides what it's scheduled on AllAccess.com, according to DrownedMadonna.com, the radio and digital release of Madonna's Gimme All Your Luvin is still tentatively planned for January 15th.

We heard that, even though the melody is not so different from the demo that earlier leaked online, the final version of Gimme All Your Luvin is described harder, with a lot of bass and beats.

Last but not least, we heard that they are having some second thoughts about Masterpiece. Since it doesn't fit the album very well, they have some last minute doubts. Therefore, there are some possibilities that Masterpiece will not be included in the album. We have to wait and see.

Read more: http://www.drownedmadonna.com/#ixzz1inSe4wAN

I like "Masterpiece" a lot. That said, if it doesn't fit, they should leave it off. It'll be easy enough for everyone to download it illegally anyway. lol.

Madonna has gone on record saying she regrets slapping "American Pie" onto the UK version of Music, and that she basically caved to heavy pressure from her label to include it there. This sounds like it would be the same thing again. As much as I like it, it certainly sounds very "soundtrack-y" ... it would be hard imagining what kind of Madonna album this would fit on.

I'm actually kinda bummed that this might happen. I'd like a Madonna album with a handful of good ballads on it. She's so GOOD at that. I wish she'd make more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeptheclock View Post
    True. I never heard AL or HC referred to as her best album in any of the pre-album hype, though. And Madonna herself, egomaniac though she is, has never been one to say that any of her releases were "her greatest work ever," with perhaps the exception of ROL.

It still doesn't mean much when vague "sources" claim that something is out-of-this-world, which I get.
    and Bedtime Stories. Madonna has mentioned a few times that she considers Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories to be her best

Madonna will be on ABC's Nightline on Thursday, January 12. Do not miss this exclusive. In the meantime, enjoy this teaser.

Read more: http://drownedmadonna.com/#ixzz1isjlw2w7
    there's also a preview video on the website

"Look it up"