Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Immaculate Collection

The Immaculate Collection

Ok, I know it's not a studio album, but it definitely deserves its own discussion thread.

Release date: November 9, 1990

Track listing

01. Holiday
    02. Lucky Star
    03. Borderline
    04. Like A Virgin
    05. Material Girl
    06. Crazy For You
    07. Into The Groove
    08. Live To Tell
    09. Papa Don't Preach
    10. Open Your Heart
    11. La Isla Bonita
    12. Like A Prayer
    13. Express Yourself
    14. Cherish
    15. Vogue
    16. Justify My Love
    17. Rescue Me

The videos

Last edited by FreshMownGrass; 01-08-2012 at 06:01 AM.

I don't own a few of Madonna's earliest albums, but I have this, and it's a good collection to have if you aren't really a huge fan of her earlier work. It's a good audio summary.

This is the collection that really turned me into a Madonna fan. My brother's ex-wife was a huge Madonna fan and she gave this album to me as a gift. I'd already heard her music and watched her videos, but it wasn't until I started listening to this album that I really got hooked.

I love Rescue me and Justify my love,but you have to admit,the remixes are quite awful here.Like a prayer,Express yourself,worst versions ever.
    The "7" remix" of Like a Prayer is so much powerful and sinister.
    Last edited by Morrison; 04-30-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Let's face it: THIS is Madonna's best album.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    most brilliant title for an album, EVER.
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Haim View Post
    most brilliant title for an album, EVER.
    I've thought the same thing many times!

I recently listened to this again, and while the whole Qsound thing is nice for the ballads like Live To Tell and Crazy For You, it's borderline annoying on tracks like, well, Borderline, Lucky Star, Material Girl...

I also wonder when these mixes were made. Isn't this version of Like A Prayer similar to the live version she did during the Blond Ambition Tour (which ended a few months before the album was released?). So was this version of Like A Prayer based on the Blond Ambition Tour version, or the other way around?

I also think it's weird that the new tracks aren't mixed in Qsound while a Qsound mix of Justify My Love was released on the single.

Oh and another thing: I thought it was nice that Madonna gave Rescue Me some love on her Facebook page earlier this week. I was convinced she had completely forgotten about the song

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    I also wonder when these mixes were made. Isn't this version of Like A Prayer similar to the live version she did during the Blond Ambition Tour (which ended a few months before the album was released?). So was this version of Like A Prayer based on the Blond Ambition Tour version, or the other way around?
    The BAT version was based on both the 12'' Club Version (the intro) and the 12'' Dance Mix (the rest of the song). Both remixes were released originally on the Like a Prayer single. The Immaculate version is essentially a revamp of the 12'' Dance Mix.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    I love Rescue me and Justify my love,but you have to admit,the remixes are quite awful here.Like a prayer,Express yourself,worst versions ever.
    The "7 remix" of Like a Prayer is so much powerful and sinister.
    Whoa - I guess I've never actually listened to this entire album before. Why did she allow this to happen to Like a Prayer?!

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Why did she allow this to happen to Like a Prayer?!
    Yeah, don't know why. To me, this IS the best one.
    Abnormally Attracted To Scum

This was my introduction to Madonna. Of course I knew most songs from the radio, but these versions of the songs are the ones imprinted in my brain. I'm a casual fan, and the album versions all sound off to me, haha. Am I totally missing out?

Quote Originally Posted by betterthanfine View Post
    Am I totally missing out?
    Yes.

Even though there are some better versions of some of these songs elsewhere, this is pretty much one of the best albums, song-for-song, of all time. It's just one classic after another.