Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Scarlet's Walk

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious when someone like... names their child Scarlett because of the album but they don't realize they've spelled it wrong? That's someone's NAME LMAO

Happy 15th Birthday to this absolute masterpiece of an album. My favourite album of all time by any artist, a timeless work of art. And I don't think I'm being hyperbolic - this to me was the height of Tori's creative output. It was a step forward into a mature, nuanced yet still incredibly complex form of storytelling through song.

There is so much nostalgia linked to it for me, it takes me back to the summer (I'm Aussie) of 2002 - I was 16, and I remember lying on the lawn looking up at the blue sky listening to Scarlet on repeat.

And the world has never needed this album more than now - it's almost more relevant and poignant today than the day it was released. Which is a scary thought, but also I'm so glad to still have this album to comfort me right now.

Sorry for the rant, this is just the one that if I had to choose, holds the most precious space in my heart.

^ Thanks - I can't believe it has been 15 years!

I liked the album but recall feeling it was Tori's country album at the time. So glad I gave it a chance and now it is among my favourites. A masterpiece. I feel like Native Invader somewhat follows in Scarlet's footsteps in terms of the storytelling. I hope this path continues for Tori.

Absolutely adore
    Amber
    Fairytale
    Wednesday
    Strange
    Carbon
    Crazy
    Sweet Sangria
    Pancake
    I Can't See New York
    Mrs. Jesus
    Taxi Ride
    Another Girl's Paradise
    Scarlet's Walk
    Virginia
    Gold Dust

Don't understand yet but want to
    Your Cloud

Cheesy
    Wampum Prayer
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by hey j. View Post
    Happy 15th Birthday to this absolute masterpiece of an album. My favourite album of all time by any artist, a timeless work of art. And I don't think I'm being hyperbolic - this to me was the height of Tori's creative output. It was a step forward into a mature, nuanced yet still incredibly complex form of storytelling through song.
    Nothing more to add. FAVOURITE. ALBUM. OF. ALL. TIME. :-)

Great idea, I'll try ranking too ^^

Taxi Ride (favourite T song)
    Sweet Sangria
    A Sorta Fairytale
    Carbon
    Another Girl's Paradise
    Gold Dust
    Pancake
    Virginia
    I Can't See New York
    Strange
    Scarlet's Walk
    Your Cloud
    Crazy
    Mrs Jesus
    Wednesday
    Amber Waves
    Don't Make Me Come To Vegas
    Wampum Prayer

That is to say everything from Sweet Sangria to Strange is basically interchangeable

i need size ten thousand for my ass snowgayngel's Avatar
    This is also my favorite Tori album/favorite of all time!

Scarlet's Walk
    I Can't See New York
    Gold Dust
    Virginia
    Carbon
    A Sorta Fairytale
    Amber Waves
    Taxi Ride
    Sweet Sangria
    Mrs. Jesus
    Don't Make Me Come to Vegas
    Your Cloud
    Wednesday
    Pancake
    Crazy
    Another Girl's Paradise
    Strange
    Wampum Prayer
    "i think lady gaga is immensely entertaining"

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    This is my very favorite Tori album. Saw four shows during the OSW and Lottapianos tours and they were all fantastic.

I can't rank the songs, but these are the ones that I adore the most:

Amber Waves
    A Sorta Fairytale
    Wednesday
    Your Cloud
    Strange
    Carbon
    Pancake*
    I Can't See New York*
    Another Girl's Paradise*
    Scarlet's Walk*
    Virginia*
    Gold Dust*

*In my top 20 favorite Tori songs.

I also love Mountain!

Definitely one of these records that make you think of dusty, melancholic summer nights on the road. I love it a lot, although it would have benefited from a shorter tracklist.

I don't wanna rank every song, but these are my favourites:

A Sorta Fairytale
    Gold Dust
    Wednesday
    Amber Waves
    Crazy
    Scarlet's Walk
    Mrs. Jesus
    Another Girl's Paradise
    I Can't See New York
    Taxi Ride
    Your Cloud
    Pancake

ASFT is a fine example of a perfectly written pop song, and GD made me tear up countless times.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    While I adore and greatly appreciate the entire album, my favorites have always been Taxi Ride, Sweet Sangria, Pancake, Carbon, Mrs. Jesus and Virginia. Oddly enough, my least favorite track is Gold Dust and people's general reaction to that is WTF.

I've grown to love Amber Waves over the years, but I do recall at one point I considered it a weak album opener.

Also, the artwork is one of my faves - and the deluxe packaging! There really is so much to love about Scarlet's Walk.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Scarlet's Walk has only risen in my estimation over the years. Some days its my #2. I listen to it a lot, especially in these dark times. It was a bold, powerful statement at the time we needed it the most. And 15 years later, she is still doing the same thing.

I had some fantastic sex the night before it came out. Sigh. It was that good that I remember it. 15 years.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    I've grown to love Amber Waves over the years, but I do recall at one point I considered it a weak album opener.
    I think it doesn't work as an opener. The intro is way too abrupt. She should have just opened the album with "Wampum Prayer" and then transitioned into "Amber" from there.

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    I think she could have just started Amber Waves with the little intro she does for it live and that would have been enough, but there is legitimately no room on the CD for that.

I love the way Amber Waves opens on the album! It's got that feeling of the character getting that news and not having the time to do anything but pack up and start her journey. I really like the idea of that immediacy coming from a place of urgency.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    I really dislike Amber Waves as the first track. My alternate track order always uses Wampum Prayer/Scarlet's Walk together as the opener. Then again I hate most of the sequencing here and have no desire to stick to the "story" -- Amber should be one of the last tracks.

Amber Waves would make more sense around Don't Make Me Come to Vegas.