Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Scarlet's Walk

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Like a flag on a popstar
    On a benzodiazapene
    This just reminds me of the Welcome to England video now
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

"Ligh uh fuh-LEYGH on uh bobstoor"
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Is anyone out there as crazy about the song CRAZY as I am?

I simply love it - it's wonderful. I have been playing it on repeat lately.

Also obsessed with Sweet Sangria and I Can't See New York lately. And Virginia!

Such a gorgeous album
    Robbing the muse...

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Jupiter View Post
    This just reminds me of the Welcome to England video now
    That is such a funny observation!

Sorry I didn't acknowledge it sooner, somehow just seeing this now.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post

Such a gorgeous album
    The only songs that I would play over and over when the album first came out were Virginia, Scarlet's Walk, and Pancake.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post

Such a gorgeous album
    Crazy has one of my favorite lines ever, "And as soon as you have rearranged the mess in your head, he will show up looking sane."

It resonated with me so much - and still does. I was obsessed with ICSNY from the start, also. Scarlet took me a minute to love, but once I did, it catapulted into my favorite Tori release.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    That is a GREAT lyric.

The line "First let's just unzip your religion down" is one of my favorites because it always made one of my uber religious college friends roll his eyes and I would revel in it.

Her lyrics on Scarlet's Walk are simply her best.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Tori penned a brief description of the title track and its current relevance for an Elle article on Standing Rock - very concisely worded, which I appreciate:

http://www.elle.com/culture/music/a4...litical-songs/
    I think that's the closet we've gotten to knowing anything about NI. She says ( paraphrased) "if ever there was a time for songwriters to sharpen their pencils, the time is now." That's a pretty serious statement so I'm hoping that she's going back to the lyric writing of SW where she edited herself heavily and worked very hard on the lyrics. When she's on, her insight can be eye-opening.

Also, I love how informed and grounded she is in that quote. Girl knows her history. I know it's silly, but what she has to say about SW in that link makes me very optimistic about the album.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Quote Originally Posted by Domandapiano View Post
    The line "First let's just unzip your religion down" is one of my favorites because it always made one of my uber religious college friends roll his eyes and I would revel in it.

Her lyrics on Scarlet's Walk are simply her best.
    Sorry to post twice but I just read this. I think they're brilliant as well. "From the other side/ 'what do you mean? The side of what thing?'" just KILLS me. It's so panicked and I can just SEE her, hearing the pilot speak and her brain short-circuiting, only leaving her with the ability for strictly literal thought and simple questions ( the aforementioned line and "you said you would find me here" which has always sounded like a question...and one that's simultaneously full of anger, desperation, pleading and love).

She created the most perfect atmosphere on ICSNY, more than any song on the album. You can imagine the pressure of the aircraft, the clouds and city below, the sirens, the smoke. Chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I think that's the closet we've gotten to knowing anything about NI. She says ( paraphrased) "if ever there was a time for songwriters to sharpen their pencils, the time is now." That's a pretty serious statement so I'm hoping that she's going back to the lyric writing of SW where she edited herself heavily and worked very hard on the lyrics. When she's on, her insight can be eye-opening.
    Thanks for this! When I originally read this article, I thought it was dated text. I did not realize it was from December 2016! This should be added to the New Album thread!

"... The Water Protectors at Standing Rock, now in 2016, are shining a light on the corruption that continues to be supported by some of those who are in office in our U.S. Government. If ever we needed songwriters to sharpen their pencils and hear the calling of a world in pain and write about the issues that speak to them, the time is now."
    Robbing the muse...

OOh, that puts the new title into perspective: The Standing Rock people were being treated as if they were an invasive enemy.

^ EXACTLY. I'm ready for her to kick ass and take names. Trump basically is a symbol of everything she's ever fought against.

You're welcome, Bee!

It probably has been discussed before, but my search gave no result, so I'm asking again:
    do you guys use alternate tracklists for Scarlet's Walk? Which b-sides and hidden treasures (or scarlet-themed songs from other albums) would you include and why?
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."