Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scarlet's Walk

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    The album is a little mellow for my tastes, but it really is a brilliant album. It has some of her best lyrics to date. All of the songs are stellar, minus Mrs. Jesus and Your Cloud. My only complaint about SW is the mixing. It sounds like you are hearing it being played from under a blanket.

When I need a peaceful comforting Tori album, this usually one that I go to.

Also, I remember when it came out, it was crazy the surge in popularity she got. All of a sudden her music was all over the radio and she was all over the place.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar

Icon15

Scarlet's Walk is majestic. I think the artwork is gorgeous and she looked lovely.

The map!

And solo Scarlet on French TV from October 2, 2002

Scarlet's Walk

Pancake

A Sorta Fairytale

Crazy

Mrs. Jesus

Virginia

Strange

This is my absolute favorite album of all time, by any artist. The moment I heard Scarlet's Walk I was hooked. I listened to it on repeat for two months. I think it's probably her most coherent album ever. It has 18 tracks and I don't think you would need to take any of them off the album, they all work just fine.

Don't Make Me Come to Vegas is the only track I've never been crazy about but I do enjoy it sometimes. The only criticism I have ever had is that I feel Wampum Prayer is misplaced. Wampum Prayer is an absolutely astonishing opener to Pancake or Scarlet's Walk.

My favorite track is Strange but I prefer the radio edit. The album version is so bassy, it has actually ruined more than one pair of headphones and speakers for me.

This is also the era where Tori looked her absolute best. She looked mature and beautiful and everything was so natural and earthy.
    Last edited by SageBrushFire; 06-25-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks for posting all of that menju. That telecast was fucking amazeballs.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SageBrushFire View Post
    This is my absolute favorite album of all time, by any artist. The moment I heard Scarlet's Walk I was hooked. I listened to it on repeat for two months. I think it's probably her most coherent album ever. It has 18 tracks and I don't think you would need to take any of them off the album, they all work just fine.

Don't Make Me Come to Vegas is the only track I've never been crazy about but I do enjoy it sometimes. The only criticism I have ever had is that I feel Wampum Prayer is misplaced. Wampum Prayer is an absolutely astonishing opener to Pancake or Scarlet's Walk.

My favorite track is Strange but I prefer the radio edit. The album version is so bassy, it has actually ruined more than one pair of headphones and speakers for me.

This is also the era where Tori looked her absolute best. She looked mature and beautiful and everything was so natural and earthy.
    How loudly are you listening to Strange?!

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    How loudly are you listening to Strange?!
    Well when I'm in a car I listen to the music, probably a bit more loudly than I should. Headphones too. I don't have very good hearing (don't know if that's a cause or symptom). When you buy $7 cheapo earbuds it doesn't take much to ruin them. One "Strange" and they're rattling like mad.

i've never seen that performance of ASF before, but i must agree with cunter fartlett: amazeballs.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Some interesting SW discussion in the Fori thread prompted me to look for the album thread and I was shocked to see no posts since June! I haven't listened to SW for quite a while but I am feeling another session in the near future. With headphones. And quite possibly while looking at the map

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    And quite possibly while looking at the map

I don't know, this album... I could write pages upon pages as to why this album is soooo dear to me.

Wow, that solo appearance on French TV. I remember that! Incredible!

I dropped by a used record store the other day in a small, Mississippi town. The store was once the town's train depot, but now each room is full of shelves and vinyls. They also have a small selection of used cds. The owner is a middle aged lady who has the demeanor of a stoner. Anyway, I found Scarlet's Walk and decided to purchase it because the box for the one I have is missing (I also found Pele with the original Talula). When I brought the empty Scarlet's Walk box to the counter to purchase it, I assumed the lady would just pull out the cd from behind the counter. Instead, she pulled out the map, the dvd, the stickers, etc and exclaimed in an airy drawl, "Oh, this comes with a lot of goodies!"

There's no point to this story really. It was just funny to witness the reaction of a non-fan to all the extras that come with some of the cds.

As for the album, I've always felt TomBigBee should have replaced one of the lesser songs.
    Last edited by oliver; 09-23-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Can one get the twangy version of Strange on iTunes?

Nope, the radio edit was promotional-only and only got sent to radio stations.
    Unworthy is the ruler whose subjects seek the solace of false gods.

Quote Originally Posted by G. View Post
    Nope, the radio edit was promotional-only and only got sent to radio stations.
    Thanks for letting me know. Shame though, I used to have it or maybe I just imagine I had it!

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    It used to be on yessaid.com

I believe it's still available on HIMH.
    Unworthy is the ruler whose subjects seek the solace of false gods.