Page 134 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2102

Thread: American Doll Posse

They just sound too dry too me. Not enough of the atmosphere of the venue is captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Why pay for a boot that sounds like an amateur one, when I can download one for free? Anyway, as I said in the other thread, a lot of them were re-issued with an improved mixing. I think the problem was simply that they were released in a few hours after the show, so there was not enough time to mix them properly.
    Yeah, literally the next morning, the bootleg was online. Which is pretty cool, and though I'm sure most fans would've gladly waited a week (or longer) for a higher-quality product, I can't really complain. I also have a couple from Amazon.com and they sound a lot better than the rest.

The only issue I have with the Amazon/Apple remasters is how they added a Disc 1/2 fade-in/out (I like a full recording without interruption, myself). The audio still is pretty dry for my tastes, too. Ultimately though it's awesome we got so many shows that tour. Even if it were of similar quality, I'd welcome more quick mix soundboards from other tours. Even 2009.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Agreed, I'll take a warts-and-all rough mix over an audience recording... or no recording at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Agreed, I'll take a warts-and-all rough mix over an audience recording... or no recording at all.
    I don't know... sometimes a very bad mix can completely ruin a soundboard recording, just think of Baloise 2005!
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Those were shit versions in general. I don't need a recording of that in any form.

The bootlegs were so fun; it made the setlist threads extra-awesome knowing we'd get to hear the whole thing afterwards.

Had a great night with this album. Granted, I had the perfect strain, but I heard "You Can Bring Your Dog" with new ears. I was able to block out the guitar and focus on her delivery and the piano. Suddenly, I imagined it as a Pele B-side with just bass and piano. It would be perfect!

I was listening to this album the other day as well. I have meshed stand outs from ADP with some stand outs from AATS to make one album I listen to.

even though it sounds somewhat forced and reactionary I do enjoy it as a pretty good pop record. I think it was her last ditch effort for some commercial success. Some of the songs I'm actually surprised did not chart higher than they did.

I'm trying to imagine if she did the exact same album with just SLG's vocals and production how different this album would have sounded...

YCYBD is better on most of the bootlegs. It's not musically interesting enough IMO, and the lyrics seem like nothing but a bunch of lame come-on's/innuendo (a la Cars and Guitars!!)... and yet it's sort of fun, and I still have to laugh at the trashiness of songs like this and Big Wheel and Teenage Hustling. They drove home the concept of a commercial pop/rock album performed by different personas, and the album wouldn't be the same without them. Not saying they're genius or that I adore listening to them.... although maybe I would if they were produced like actual rock music. :P

You know what song might vex me the most in Tori's whole catalog? Code Red has a vocal I like, I appreciate that she uses the low keys on the piano a bit, the guitar isn't awful and there's even some nice guitar "effects". The lyrics are solid compared to most of the rest of her "second-half" career. It's probably the last full band song I'd say decently mixes the vocal/piano/other instruments. For the life of me I can't figure out why I barely ever remember it exists; it's just sort of "there".

champagne spiritualist mr graeme's Avatar
    working my way back to me again

Didn't even get the title right lol.

She kind of deserved that, though.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    She totally deserves it, but the article is missing several, off the top of my head:

Gaga - Born This Way
    Sinead O'Connor - How About I Be Me (And You Be You)