Page 134 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2041

Thread: American Doll Posse

Quote Originally Posted by another light View Post
    If I recall she said it was her take on The Clash. Which made me laugh uncontrollably, because it actually reminded me more of Status Quo. :-D
    Ugh. Only "You Can Bring Your Own Dog" is shittier. I almost fell off my chair when I heard it for the first time. I have never ever played it again.
    So... I mostly remember the horrible UH HUH HUH HUH and the emo tears I shed, I was heartbroken.

See, I had just recently fell in love with Tori. I was fascinated. I even liked (and still like) many songs on BK because sometimes even I need sugary pop music.
    Then ADP was released and I was mercilessly thrown from the crystalline pureness of UTP and gutsy madness of BFP into this messy shitfest of an album. I can confidently say that I actively dislike every single track with passion, I could write a dissertation.

On a positive note: I was a teenage music nerd and read books on Post-Punk that had >900 pages and biographies of obscure bands but never thought a lot about production. ADP changed that radically. I could see how a handful of songs could have been saved with the help of a capable producer. Production choices change everything. I'm still deeply upset that a gifted musician like Tori doesn't work with someone who are actually good at this. Yeah, I know that the same people were responsible for BFP or Venus. But you have to let it go when the results are failing. I mean... imagine a Tori album with Danger Mouse for example.
    Last edited by Butter Moon; 08-04-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: words are difficult

my log has something to tell you NightHunter's Avatar
    There's such an incredible variety of sounds on ADP. In many ways its one of T's most ambitious records.
    Last edited by NightHunter; 08-05-2017 at 10:47 PM.

I'm hooked in the solo version of Almost Rosey since Friday"

Does anyone have the link to this solo version of Almost Rosey?

IMO the one she did on the the German Radio Eins show before the album release is even better. That, and the performance of Beauty of Speed from the same show, made me so excited for the album. And then... *screams*

You can download MP3s of the Radio Eins show by clicking here and scrolling down to 2007-04-10 Radio Eins, Berlin near the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by thestrand View Post
    Does anyone have the link to this solo version of Almost Rosey?
    believe this is the one being discussed

The Radio Eins version of Beauty of Speed made me cry once. So beautiful.

Thank you!

Fuck. There is my evidence any time someone says that ADP is poorly written.

Amanda Palmer just released Piano is Evil, a solo piano version of her big rock album Theatre is Evil. That was bad.
    Tori needs to record an entire solo album of ADP (and maybe Beekeper)era tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by thestrand View Post
    Thank you!

Fuck. There is my evidence any time someone says that ADP is poorly written.

Amanda Palmer just released Piano is Evil, a solo piano version of her big rock album Theatre is Evil. That was bad.
    Tori needs to record an entire solo album of ADP (and maybe Beekeper)era tracks.
    I couldn't get through Piano Is Evil. What a terrible idea. She can't even play piano that well. Theatre Is Evil was a good album. She should've left it as is.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

You know, if you start ADP from track 11 (Devils and Gods) and onwards, you have pretty solid 12 track album (skipping the Posse Bonus track).
    It's the first half that is truly horrific, from the horrible Teenage Hustling & You Can bring your Dog, the boring Mr Bad Man and the pastiche that is Digital Ghost and Girl Disappearing.
    post28!

Awww I love "Digital Ghost". And "Secret Spell". And "Bouncing Off Clouds".

There's a really amazing solo version of "Roosterspur Bridge" from some radio show or other, that she performed live in a café somewhere. I thought it was radio eins but it's not listed on that Yessaid download.
    ~just an underwater thing~

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    You know, if you start ADP from track 11 (Devils and Gods) and onwards, you have pretty solid 12 track album (skipping the Posse Bonus track).
    It's the first half that is truly horrific, from the horrible Teenage Hustling & You Can bring your Dog, the boring Mr Bad Man and the pastiche that is Digital Ghost and Girl Disappearing.
    Wait, how is Girl Disappearing a pastiche?

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    Awww I love "Digital Ghost". And "Secret Spell". And "Bouncing Off Clouds".

There's a really amazing solo version of "Roosterspur Bridge" from some radio show or other, that she performed live in a café somewhere. I thought it was radio eins but it's not listed on that Yessaid download.
    The YouTube video looks like Radio Eins (or, it looks like where I remember first seeing those songs), but I haven't seen YT of videos of Radio Eins Almost Rosey and Beauty of Speed since 2007, I don't think, so my memory could be off.

One of the biggest atrocities of this album is that Pussy Bonus is there, but we don't have the full version of Devils And Gods.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrus658 View Post
    Wait, how is Girl Disappearing a pastiche?
    I feel it is waayyyy too much the stereotype Tori by Numbers. All the elements are there but (to me) there's no heart or soul in it at all...
    post28!