Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Mudwinter Graces, and Rose with you

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    Ok, it would be fun if she released a 5 track mini album that featured brass.
    I just wish she would release some mini albums. Little tiny things.
    She has enough recorded already to do some mini playlists of themes / instrumentation. Kinda like the Bjork & roots / beats / strings discs in Family Tree.

Tori + Brass: https://music.youtube.com/playlist?l...S2rCUde1Pew5mu

Mr Zebra, Damage, Murder He Says, You Belong To Me, Pink & Glitter... It's an interesting playlist. I'm probably missing some.

Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    Ok, it would be fun if she released a 5 track mini album that featured brass.
    I just wish she would release some mini albums. Little tiny things.
    Well, you could say ADP consists of five mini albums in one.

Has this thread always been called 'Mudwinter Graces...'?

Our New Year is everything! Perfect production - I wish the whole album was this perfect.

I love this album so much to be honest. Only skips for me are Harps of Gold and Pink and Glitter.

Back when this album was announced I cringed at the idea - worrying Santa Baby and others would show up. But I think Tori delivered with this one!
    Robbing the muse...

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    Our new year It so perfectly captured my experience of grief, and still brings tears to my eyes when it comes on - especially that crescendo at the end of the orchestra as she sings "you're not there". Probably in my top tier of all her songs.

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    Our new year It so perfectly captured my experience of grief, and still brings tears to my eyes when it comes on - especially that crescendo at the end of the orchestra as she sings "you're not there". Probably in my top tier of all her songs.
    I was at Tori's 2010 concert in Amsterdam with the Metropole Orchestra and I had never heard ''Our new year'' before. That concert wasn't one of Tori's best nights vocally, but damn, I teared up and started crying like an idiot at exactly the same moment you're describing: the whole orchestra swelling at the end, matching Tori's heart-wrenching ''you're not there'. It was an incredibly intense moment and it clearly stands out of the entire concert for me.