Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bat For Lashes

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar

Bat For Lashes

Not really overwhelmed with the new song from the Eclipse soundtrack, but it's still nice to have something new from the woman. Love her so much.

And this is amazing. The flute, oh the flute!

I saw her play at an outdoor gig at Somerset House last year. It absolutely chucked it down. My marrow got wet! I had waterproofs with me but had come straight from work's data centre so had to wrap my laptop in them as that was more likely to break than me. Natasha () still put on a great show.

I have no interest in Eclipse at all, but I like the song.

The KCRW session she did last year was heavenly.

Fur and Gold and Two Suns are both really, really amazing records. I personally prefer Two Suns, but they're both great. Looking forward to album number 3!
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I really like the song she did on the Eclipse soundtrack.

I just saw Bat for Lashes last night at the Sydney Opera House and they were frickin AMAZING! Natasha's voice sounded so beautiful and crystalline - so glad I got to see her! Was right up close, and she's just so lovely and friendly and gorgeous!!! Here is a video of a new song she played:

New song sounds great (a bit like her other songs, but a lot of her songs are like that).

Anyone know how the progress of the new album is coming along? Im hoping end of this year, early 2012.

I Cant wait for it, I love her first 2. Fur & Gold is by far one of my favorite albums, ever. And Two Suns took a while but I love it, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by urban spell View Post
    I just saw Bat for Lashes last night at the Sydney Opera House and they were frickin AMAZING! Natasha's voice sounded so beautiful and crystalline - so glad I got to see her! Was right up close, and she's just so lovely and friendly and gorgeous!!! Here is a video of a new song she played:

Cool! Thanks for sharing the video.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Cool! Thanks for sharing the video.
    No Problems ;-) I didn't actually take this, but I think I must have been sitting quite close to the person who did!

Anyone know how the progress of the new album is coming along? Im hoping end of this year, early 2012.
    Well, I believe she's recorded most of them already and that she's just finalising things now (I read it, I can't recall where now?) It is supposed to be out by early next year I think, and I hope so because I am really digging the sensual vibe of that new song! Also, there were cameras set up and filming at the concert, so maybe that will be something in the pipeline too?

A couple of festival dates announced
    Thu 12th Jul - Sun 15th Jul Benicassim 2012
    Sun 15th Jul - Latitude Festival
    She's also playing The Electric Picnic.

I'm hoping she does End of the Road or some London venues.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

The Drama Queen of Pretentiousness! Ms. Shart O'Nay's Avatar
    There are actually quite a number of festival dates announced on her site & facebook:

http://www.batforlashes.com/

Nothing in London yet, but I'm guessing there'll be an album announcement in the next few weeks, with more tour dates to follow.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I actually forgot I had "liked" her on FB until I started getting all these messages about the festivals she is playing! I also assume this is in anticipation of a new album, fingers crossed.

Bat For Lashes announces UK show
    Bat For Lashes has announced that she'll be playing Cambridge Junction on June 13th, which will be her first UK show in over a year.

The show will act as a nice warm-up for her scheduled festival appearances (Latitude, Bestival, Electric Picnic & many more across Europe) as well as acting as a showcase to preview material from her forthcoming third album (which is currently untitled).

Nice to have you back Bat For Lashes. Nice to have you back.
    Home she comes to London or Oxford!

Exciting news!

Bat For Lashes - The Haunted Man
    IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS SINCE THE LAST BAT FOR LASHES ALBUM, BUT WE CAN FINALLY REVEAL THE NEW ALBUM, 'THE HAUNTED MAN', WILL BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 15TH.

FOLLOWING A SUMMER OF LIVE FESTIVAL SHOWS AND TO COINCIDE WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ALBUM, A FULL UK TOUR HAS ALSO BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR THE AUTUMN.
    TICKETS FOR 'THE HAUNTED MAN' TOUR GO ON SALE THIS COMING FRIDAY 15TH JUNE AT 9AM.
    2012 LIVE tour

18 October - Inverness, Ironworks
    19 October - Edinburgh, Picture House
    21 October - Glasgow, O2 ABC
    22 October - Manchester, Cathedral
    25 October - Leeds, Metropolitan University
    26 October - Norwich, University of East Anglia
    28 October - Leicester, O2 Academy
    29 October - London, HMV Forum
    1 November - Birmingham, HMV Institute
    2 November - Bristol,Anson Rooms
    3 November - Portsmouth,Pyramids
    4 November - Brighton, Dome Concert Hall
    Yay!

THANK GOD!!