Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "Lady Problems" and other shit we have to deal with...

OH GOD! O_O I would have passed out!

I hit my boobs on EVERYTHING. My desk, doors, myself... glad your nip survived!
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    OMG I was looking for this thread this morning!

I SLAMMED MY BOOB (well, mostly my nipple) IN A DRAWER LAST NIGHT. I can't explain how because I'm not even sure how it happened.

I hit the floor and screamed for about five minutes. My nipple hurt so bad I was sure it had been torn off. It was...bloody. But intact.
    I thought of you when I bent over weird and bonked my nipple on the shopping cart handle today at the grocery store. I yelped and was very glad no one saw me feeling myself up in the cooler section.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Has anyone used period underwear? I have a ton of questions.

Are they worth the price? How often do you have to change them on ... let's say a medium flow day? If you air dry them after washing, how long till they dry? Do they work ok by themselves on a medium day or only as a backup or light days? Does a regular old stayfree or kotex pad fasten to them ok? All the pictures I've seen, they all look snug, like spanx. Not loose and comfortable stretchy like your $3 Hanes. So are you wrestling to get them on and off like spanx? Do you have a favorite brand?

I've read some reviews and the answers seem to vary and err on the side of caution. Or are the companies being all "OMG you guys buy these they're the best! Only $2000 for two!"

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    I have a few pairs of black Thinx period underwear, Regina. I did the "build a set" thing and got 20% off each pair about a year ago. I like them! I've never worn Spanx, so I can't make a direct comparison to those. Thinx are snug, but not so tight that I need to wrestle them on or off. I got them mostly for overnight use because I was tired of shoving a pad into regular underwear and having it leak if I rolled over. I haven't had an issue with overnight leakage with Thinx, and they are more comfortable to me than sleeping with a pad. I put on a pair right before sleep and am fine for the 7-8 hours I'm sleeping on light or medium flow nights. When I have heavy flow, I do usually wake up and change into a different pair partway through the night, but I'd be doing that with pads anyhow, so no big deal.

They do require more maintenance than a disposable product. I pre-rinse them in the shower in the morning, then wash in the washer, and let them air dry on a rack. If I do laundry in the morning, they're dry by the time I go to bed. I've used cloth pads on and off for about 15 years, though, so I was already used to caring for those when I got my Thinx.

FWIW, I hope that helps!