Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "Lady Problems" and other shit we have to deal with...

Quote Originally Posted by emanate View Post
    Ugh, both of those situations sound utterly awful. I wish you both better health in days to come. My issue is that I've been dealing with

Hi, I don't know if this will help but I had the same problem many, many years ago. I was told that because it had recurred so many times my immune system was failing to recognise thrush as an infection so was not fighting it. In the end I had to use a strong pessary twice a week for about 18 months. It was really disheartening at the time but it did clear the problem completely. Since then I've had about 2 bouts of thrush in over 20 years.

I really do wish you well, I still remember how distressing it was to be constantly plagued with it! Take care xx

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
    so at what point should one actually be concerned about heavy flow, indescribable pain, etc? i'm tired of hearing from doctors like "oh it's normal" but it sure as hell doesn't seem normal.

also, the radiating pain down both legs is the worst. i can tolerate the cramps, but the thigh/leg pain is absolutely killer and makes me want to die. does anyone else have this? (they are not leg cramps, it's just PAIN)
    That sounds terrible. Don't want to alarm you, but have the doctors considered checking you for endometriosis? Leg pain is a symptom. My friend was finally diagnosed with it after ages of getting the "don't worry, it's normal" response. She's got herself all sorted out now and hasn't had any more problems.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Ladies, can we talk menopause? I'm too young for it except for an early onset one, but I'm starting to think I might be perimenopausal. I'm having major sleep disruptions and really short cycles. Should I go see a gyno? Who's gone through it, going through it?

Oy With The Poodles Already!
    Me! I'm perimenopausal right now, though my dr claims otherwise because I'm "too young." I'm 42, which is younger, but my mom stopped having periods at 45, and my sisters started going through it in their 40s as well. After testing my thyroid and other labs, all came back normal, so there's really no other explanation.

My cycles are wonky, sometimes I'll have two periods in one month, sometimes I'll go 6 weeks between. I also have hot flashes occasionally, which are always fun. And PMS seems to be heightened as well, at least in terms of mood swings.

I would go to your gyno, let them know about what's happening and see if they can do any bloodwork to check it out.

I have a 3-week cycle. It's TERRIBLE. My PMS (PMDD?) is awful. Not just emotional swings, but physical pain and pimples galore. Nightmares and bloat. Plus when I get my period? It's fucking EIGHT DAYS LONG. I call it hannukah. Then 21-ish days after it starts (thankfully it's ridiculously light and I switched to Party In My Pants liners, which are a godsend), it starts again. But 14-ish days after it starts (which is about 6-ish days after it stops), the pre-menstrual symptoms start back up. I don't even need my health app on my phone, my symptoms are so regular and consistent. I thought it was my mirena for a while, but now I think I'm just gearing up for menopause. Like the opposite of how I got boobs a few years before I got my period: I'm cycling weird gearing up for when it stops all together. My family is usually around 50, as my younger older-than-me relatives went through it very recently. I was panicking a bit this morning until I read how it's "normal" but I wanted more personal experiences than clinical stuff. Blech.

I touched base with some stuff going on with me in the tubal ligation thread. I recently met with the OBGYN that did the procedure to talk about Essure and to get to the root of my issues (either it's Essure or something else.. shits gonna get done). She was really unimpressed with my doctor and the tests that have been run over the past 3 years in regards to my hormones, right ovary pain, low libido, etc. My doctor told me that I was not perimenopausal that everything was fine - however there are no reasons for my "missed" periods and other symptoms. So now I'm having some sort of crazy panel done at the end of this month during my period (gotta be 3 days in for hormones to be the lowest in the system) to cover everything along with a better ultrasound clinic that looks for things other than babies. I would definitely seek out the advice of a gyno and have everything looked at bloodwork wise for your hormone levels (you too Lori).

I debated if this should go in feminism, but as long-time sufferer of birth control side effects, I figured it belonged here. I know my body is aging and doing weird shit, but it's been weird in many ways because of hormonal birth control.

Male Contraceptive Injection Halted For Same Side Effects Women Have Suffered For Years

It is reportedly around 96 per cent effective, which puts it much on the same level as the pill.

The current trial, though, was halted early due to some 'unpleasant' side effects - including depression, acne and an inflated libido - which caused 20 men to drop out of the study early.

Sound familiar?

While of course these side effects (any side effects) should be taken seriously, it is interesting that they are the same sorts of side effects women have complained of about the pill since its inception.
    Like yeah, those side effects suck, but it angers me so much that when it happens to men it's a big deal, and when it's us, we just have to take a motrin.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    All that being said, if most female contraceptives were in clinical trials right now, the exact same thing would probably happen. The system and the FDA have changed significantly since the pill was first introduced.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

OMG I was looking for this thread this morning!

I SLAMMED MY BOOB (well, mostly my nipple) IN A DRAWER LAST NIGHT. I can't explain how because I'm not even sure how it happened.

I hit the floor and screamed for about five minutes. My nipple hurt so bad I was sure it had been torn off. It was...bloody. But intact.

WHAT OW. OW OW OW OW OW OW OWWWWWWWW OWWWWWW omg I almost passed out reading that.

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    *screams forever*

OH GOD! O_O I would have passed out!

I hit my boobs on EVERYTHING. My desk, doors, myself... glad your nip survived!
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    OMG I was looking for this thread this morning!

I SLAMMED MY BOOB (well, mostly my nipple) IN A DRAWER LAST NIGHT. I can't explain how because I'm not even sure how it happened.

I hit the floor and screamed for about five minutes. My nipple hurt so bad I was sure it had been torn off. It was...bloody. But intact.
    I thought of you when I bent over weird and bonked my nipple on the shopping cart handle today at the grocery store. I yelped and was very glad no one saw me feeling myself up in the cooler section.