Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AUSTRA

From the beginning is a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    So I've recently become interested in Austra but I'm wondering where I should start with their discography.. Any suggestions?
    Listen to Feel It Break before Olympia. This is their first album and it is pretty perfect. You will not regret buying it on iTunes - I keep going back to it. I was obsessed with the first song, 'Darken her Horse' for a month or so and had it on repeat. Still one of my favourite songs ever. Listen to it loud or on good headphones. The build up from 1:20 or so until around 2:00 is genius - I just love when the drums/beats kick in. The keyboards remind me a bit of Tori's Carnival.

And watch some of their live stuff from this album, like live versions of Lose it. ENJOY!

^ I love that photo of them

And the official videos of Spellwork and Lose it are pretty great - I'm sure you've seen them...
    Last edited by Beelust; 01-24-2017 at 12:42 AM.
    Robbing the muse...

^You rock! Thanks for the recommendations, will check out.

I really really am in love with this album! Listen to it Unforumzers!!!
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    I really really am in love with this album! Listen to it Unforumzers!!!
    It's basically all I've been listening to since the stream was put up. The album is so good! It's definitely a grower worth investing in. And it's perfect for soaking in a hot bathtub during the cold winter!!!

Can't find a torrent for it so haven't listened to it yet but I've heard I Love You More Than You Love Yourself and WOW! The vocals, everything. Great. Makes me so excited to hear the album
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

The song title reminds me of Tori's "when you gonna love you as much as I do."

This song should've been the lead single. It's just so good. I kinda feel Utopia is their "worst" video of the era. Not bad, but compared to Future Politics and I Love You... it's worse
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

^ It sounds really good though in the sequence of the album (Utopia)... and with the other songs.
    Robbing the muse...

Great new song from the Future Politics sessions was released today (shocked why it didn't end up on the album proper, it's fabulous):

Quote Originally Posted by hex object View Post
    Great new song from the Future Politics sessions was released today (shocked why it didn't end up on the album proper, it's fabulous):
    Yay!!!! This made my day! Thank you for posting it. I definitely enjoy the song. It's darker than most of Future Politics and borders on industrial. On top of that, it's a bit of a banger! If there's one thing that I don't like, it's the lyrics. They feel a lot more on the nose than anything else on Future Politics. But despite that, it's a great addition to the roster of Austra non-album tracks. My favorites so far:

1. Your Loft My Acid (yeah, this is actually Death in Vegas with Katie on vocals, but she kills it!)
    2. Alone Together
    3. American Science
    4. Identity
    5. Young and Gay
    6. Habitat
    7. Change the Paradigm
    8. Energy
    9. Woodstock
    10. Your Loft My Acid (Fearless Transhouse Mix)

I've started to develop my big love for Austra a few days ago, this band is so exciting I have no idea why I've never heard of them before (and I've learnt about them in a pretty random way through this cover). So many cool songs (and videos!). Also, they make me feel like listening to Florence+the machine and La Roux at the same which is great.