Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Grimes

I really wish I could work out seeing her in Atlanta, but I'm already seeing Radiohead on Thursday. Oh well, maybe next time around.

I'm glad you made a thread, she's excellent! And getting a lot of hype that is totally deserved.

I ripped the two bonus tracks from the Canadian vinyl release that you can listen to here:

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I downloaded Visions thanks to our friends in TMP and fucking hell, I LOVE IT! I am in that absorbing-entire-album phase, so the tracks are still fighting for positions as favourites, but the one that immediately jumped out at me (and that I have been listening to on repeat) is Skin. Blows my mind! This album hasn't been released here yet so for once in my life, I feel like I am ahead of the (local) curve

Will have to watch all the vids in this thread when I get home today and (eventually) start hunting through her back catalogue.

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    Wow, the Allston MA show is already sold out! It's rare for shows at the venue she's playing to sell out this far in advance. I'm bummed, but good for her.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Of course I see those tour dates a bit too late and am going to have to miss her show in Phoenix tomorrow. Damn work... makes me sad.

I got tickets to the Miami show!! I'm so excited! But, haven't been able to convince anyone else to go with me. I don't care. I'll go and bop on my own. If her headlining show is anything like her opening set for Austra, then I'm in for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by stillorbiting View Post
    Wow, the Allston MA show is already sold out! It's rare for shows at the venue she's playing to sell out this far in advance. I'm bummed, but good for her.
    Maybe they'll move it to a bigger venue? I know the Philly show also sold out super early, so they moved it to the First Unitarian Church which is much bigger (but still small), and now that show looks like it'll sell out too. I'm glad she's getting bigger, the new album deserves the success it's having.

They'll eat your baby cat! Peter Z's Avatar
    She was one of the headlining acts for the Noise Pop Festival here in SF this past week. And she RULED. She brought her band for the set at Rickshaw Stop, and it was out of control. SF crowds are generally fairly demure and don't dance that much, but people were going insane for her. Big applause for "Vanessa," "Oblivion" and "Genesis," but the deeper tracks were also very well received.

And I will repeat that the album is OUT OF CONTROL GOOD. I can't stop playing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Z View Post
    She brought her band for the set at Rickshaw Stop, and it was out of control.
    She put together a band? What's the set up? Is she still playing the keyboard?

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    this is actually my favorite Grimes track

http://www.myspace.com/boucherville/...light-81854373

They'll eat your baby cat! Peter Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Queen Up In Pumps View Post
    She put together a band? What's the set up? Is she still playing the keyboard?
    She was in the middle surrounded by keyboard(s), but then there were three other bandmates on various instruments and synths.

Very exciting!! She was a(n) (impressive) one woman show when she toured with Austra. She had some skinny hipster dude in pajamas dancing on stage with her, but she played all the instruments on her own.

New video for Oblivion:

Unsettling lighting, sequinned jackets, giant hoop earrings, hot dogs, pink hair, sweaty guys pushing each other about - she's like my adorably sinister spirit animal.

Shirtless boys dancing, fighting and being sexually tribalistic. Best video ever.