Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Anais Mitchell

Hadestown is coming to London's wonderful National Theatre November 2018 - January 2019!

OMG! OMG! OMG!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I wanted this to be new record news.

That’s exciting though!

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I've just heard about this! It's going into the Olivier Theatre, which is a huge space. I'm so excited.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    YAS!!!
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Tickets for Hadestown at NT on general sale now. Much more demand than I expected but I managed to bag a block of 5 in the Circle for Friday 9th. So excited to see it and happy for Anaïs that it is selling so well!

ETA:

I've just noticed that it's going to Broadway after the run in London. A. MAY. ZING! What a career trajectory Anaïs has had. I fondly remember coming across her playing in the very tiny and sadly long since closed 12 Bar Club in London and being absolutely blown away by her voice, presence and songwriting. I became a fan instantly.
    Last edited by beanstew; 05-18-2018 at 08:53 AM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I booked my tickets last week in the advance member’s onsale. I should have said actually that the prices were much higher than I was expecting. I wanted to go in November but the only date with two £15 tickets together was in January. The next price up was £32 and for most dates that was the cheapest price available. I wish I were seeing it earlier but at least I have tickets. I think the back row of the Olivier is usually £15 but for this one only the seats at the edges are that price.

An intimate, one-off concert with Hadestown singer-songwriter Anaïs Mitchell.
    Accompanied by Hadestown Orchestrators/Arrangers Michael Chorney and Todd Sickafoose (guitar; upright bass) and Hadestown Musical Director/Vocal Arranger Liam Robinson (piano), Mitchell will perform songs from her critically acclaimed back catalogue, as well as selected songs from Hadestown.
    Oh, my! That sounds marvellous.

Hadestown premieres on Broadway in March and the marquis is already up at the Walter Kerr Theatre on 48th Street! I'm very tempted to grab tickets.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Ahhhh this is so exciting. It's really happening!!!
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

"Tony award winner Anais Mitchell"

I AM SO THRILLLLLLED Hadestown won. I now kinda understand why some ppl will see a musical again and again .. Hadestown is the second new musical I saw without any expectations that I ended up LOVING and it's the first that has won any actual acclaim - and you can't get much more acclaim than winning 7 or however many Tonys it won.

Am seeing Anais perform live for the first time in a few months.. I still need to sit down and listen to some of her other music she wrote outside Hadestown! lol

Cast recording!