Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anais Mitchell

They'll eat your baby cat! Peter Z's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing! Loving these videos

Do you have a full setlist?

My mate got the setlist but I got a photo of it.

I am terrible at remembering setlists but it looks about right.

I've just got back from seeing her in Winchester. I'll post some videos tomorrow. She did a cover of Towns Van Zandt's Waiting Around To Die tonight which was amazing but I wasn't recording at the time. She played that the first time I saw her years ago and I've been wanting to hear it again ever since.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Thanks from me too for the Oxford videos. Great show (I've listed the full setlist below).

My favourite ever video of Anais was her performing “1984” at the Luminaire, London on January 21, 2009. This is the one where she was talking to the audience about Obama's inauguration. It used to be on YouTube, but they've unfortunately taken it down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iprJB-xy8Ns

I realise it's a long shot, but if anyone's got a copy or capture of this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Here's the full setlist for the Oxford gig on Fri 3 August, as requested:

1 Cosmic American
    2 Wedding Song
    3 Ships
    4 Shepherd
    5 Wilderland
    6 Young Man In America
    7 Tailor
    8 The Belly And The Beast
    9 Come September
    10 1984
    11 Out Of Pawn
    12 Old Fashioned Hat
    13 Our Lady Of The Underground
    14 Why We Build The Wall
    15 A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Thanks for the setlist yellowmoon. I don't have a copy of the 1984 performance but am pretty sure I was at the gig. I saw Anais several times in the lovely Luminaire.

Here are some videos from the Winchester gig on Saturday.

Anais Mitchell - Wedding Song (The Railway Inn, Winchester, 04/08/2012)

Anais Mitchell - Tailor (The Railway Inn, Winchester, 04/08/2012)

Anais Mitchell - He Did (The Railway Inn, Winchester, 04/08/2012)

Anais Mitchell - I Wear Your Dress (The Railway Inn, Winchester, 04/08/2012)

Anais Mitchell - Our Lady Of The Underground (The Railway Inn, Winchester, 04/08/2012)

Anais Mitchell - Why We Build The Wall (The Railway Inn, Winchester, 04/08/2012)

Anais Mitchell - I Raise My Cup To Him (The Railway Inn, Winchester, 04/08/2012)

setlist photo, spoilered for size

Waiting Around To Die (Towns Van Zandt)
    If It's True
    Wedding Song
    Cosmic American
    Shepherd
    Wilderland
    Young Man In America
    Tailor
    Namesake
    He Did
    Venus
    I Wear Your Dress
    Why We Build The Wall
    I Raise My Cup To Him

Playlist of all my Anais videos from a bunch of gigs
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I love that she's digging back into Hymns of the Exiled for these shows! I started seeing her frequently during the Brightness tour(s).

Would anyone be interested in the bootleg I did of the Young Man Band in Berkeley, CA? It was on my birthday and they sang happy birthday to me! I blushed like CRAZY during it and could barely keep eye contact with Rachel Ries because she kept trying to make me laugh

But I think it's a pretty good performance! Do you want me to upload it?

Oh yes please Peter. I'd love to hear that.

So great that they sang happy birthday to you. Both Rachel and Anais are so sweet. I always love the chats we have post gig.

^ me too! I'm a fairly new fan of both Anais and Rachel and still obsessed with Rachel's covering Outcast. It's funny and serious, in your face and understated all at the same time.

Another vote for your Berkeley birthday recording, Peter - I'd love to hear it.
    Also thanks to beanstew for the Winchester videos - looks like it was another great show. And never the same setlist two nights running, which is another thing I love about Anais Mitchell.

Lovely interview with Anais over at For Folk's Sake:

Interview | Anais Mitchell talks proper folk, Hadestown, and thinking like a man
    After 2010′s triumphant folk opera Hadestown, it was hard to see where Anais Mitchell had left to go. And with Young Man In America, she’s taken it down a notch: quieter and more introspective, it’s Young Man‘s characters that make the record just as good as its predecessor. FFS met an ebullient and wriggly Anais before her Winchester show in August.

Sorry I've only just caught up with your post. Your're right, beanstew, it is an excellent interview.

I knew Anais was planning to re-visit Hadestown, but didn't realise she was writing new songs for it! Great news. Also the first time I've seen a release date mentioned for the Child Ballads project she's been talking about for a while - something to look forward to in February.

Now we just need another UK tour. Or am I being greedy now

I've seen some of the artwork for the new ballads album... if you like Hadestown's art, you'll be pleased

Peter - do you know the album title?

It appears Anais is playing at least one UK date with Jefferson Hamer, presumably to preview the new album:
    http://www.celticconnections.com/Eve...ev=428&ca=Folk

Let's hope for more to come.

very tempted, but Glasgow is so far!!!

Good news for London or nearby based Anais fans!

Anais Mitchell to play Cecil Sharp House 05/03/2013

CSH is lovely.

woo hoo!