Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Susanne Sundfør

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Guys, the album has been out since yestreday. One retailer who shall remain nameless didn't kick the digital release off their list and it was accidentally released as programmed originally.

It's still too early to tell, but so far I feel very strongly like this is my favorite album by her. The Golden Age and Good Luck Bad Luck are my favorites. Undercover is the actual YTversion ("edited"). Very gorgeous. Very mellow. Too many layes. Yeah, definitely her best work so far.
    Last edited by Stone; 08-30-2017 at 05:24 AM.

I'm so excited

I gave it a go again, but I'm still bored out of my head. This kind of music just isn't what I go to Susanne Sundfør for. I want stuff like Your Prelude (!), White Foxes and Fade Away.

I love the new album, particularly Bedtime Story. What I love from Susanne is how deliberately she shifts her music from album to album. It's like she thought to herself "10 Love Songs was huge critical success and brought my music to a much larger audience than ever before. Now it's time to do something entirely different that may alienate half of the people who fell in love with that record."

And while it's definitely much folkier, it's miles and miles away from her debut album. I love how sultry the whole thing sounds.

Beautiful work, definitely not the same sound as her debut. Perfect for heartbreak though maybe too depressing and not great for moving on

not a fan of the talking parts in it, will have to skip them
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    I think the spoken parts somehow add to the album. But the production is lush, it's gorgeous. I can't think of something I'd want on this album that she didn't deliver. The Golden Age has a sacred music feel to it, something I suppose she wanted to achieve in her pre-Brothel work but achieved masterfully here.

The album is finally officially out today. Can't wait to listen to it in its full glory

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Did we ever do a top 10?

(I only listen to Brothel/Veil/Love Songs fyi)

The Silicone Veil
    Father Father
    Delirious
    It's All Gone Tomorrow
    Lullaby

Rome
    Silencer
    Fade Away
    Diamonds
    White Foxes

and I like all three of those albums almost evenly. The instrumentals are slight, and Darlings and Trust Me sound really out of place on TLS. Other than that they're all Koala-Tea albums.

Stop (Don't Push The Button)
    Among Us
    Father Father
    Accelerate
    It's All Gone Tomorrow
    Rome
    Slowly
    Delirious
    The Brothel
    White Foxes

I cannot include songs from the new album yet cause i only listened to it once but I really like Reincarnation and Undercover
    I guess my favourite part in a song of hers is the ending of Among Us ("he peeled off every vein I had..."). What she does with her voice there is just out of this world

I think half of her new album is already in my top 10. Every time I listen I discover something new and beautiful in it. Mantra is my latest discovery, such a stunning little song, like a lullaby
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

Susanne played her first full show of the new tour yesterday in Helsinki.

For those who want to see the setlist which I find pretty interesting

Gonna see her tonight. So excited !!! :-)

Have a great time SpaceDoggy, I'll look forward to your report! I'm seeing her next month in a beautiful church in London. Can't wait!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Omg--- so sad and beautiful

Thanks so much for this! I have been obsessed with this song and listen to it daily since you posted

I also love Undercover from her last album. She kind of looks like Tori here in 1998 on Leno singing Spark...
    I see myself sort of as a small to medium vineyard. And they usually don't sell as much as the screw-top wine down in Safeway. But I don't make wine for Safeway. God bless Safeway. If I am a winemaker I am not going to make screw-top wine ~ Tori Amos