Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimee Mann

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    New Washington Times interview and info on the April tour are up on aimeemann.com

Thanks. Aimee interviews are always great.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Woot woot! New songs performed and (long range) album alert!

In the middle of the set, Mann took the opportunity to play three new songs. The first two, "You've Got To Be Willing To Hurt the One You Love" and "Eiffel Tower" were written for a potential musical based on The Forgotten Arm. Mann said the project is now on hold while she and Bryan rework some things. "We watched The Fighter," she said, the success of which is a potential problem since the story of the album also centers around boxer with a drug problem.

The third new song is a catchy pop tune called "Charmer," which Mann said will be recorded for a new album that they're going to start once the get home from the tour.

^ yeah she's also performed a couple other songs from the musical too called Easy to Die and Conflicted. here's those 2 and Eiffel Tower:

i really hope this musical happens in some form, The Forgotten Arm is one of my favorite albums of hers.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 04-18-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Blimey.

Aimee performing live at the White House tonight, live stream to be here, though they don't give a start time.

May 5, 2011

Aimee doesn't usually play house parties, but in this case she'll make an exception.

WASHINGTON May 5, 2011 (AP)

President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, will celebrate American poetry and prose with a gathering of poets, musicians and artists at the White House next Wednesday night.

Professionals Elizabeth Alexander, Billy Collins, Common, Rita Dove, Kenneth Goldsmith, Alison Knowles, Aimee Mann and Jill Scott will read, sing and highlight poetry's influence on American culture.

The White House says the first lady will also hold an afternoon workshop for students from across the country so they can learn from some of the night's performers.
    In 2009, Mrs. Obama inaugurated a White House music series that has celebrated jazz, country, classical, Motown and Latin music. She has also arranged salutes to Broadway, the music of the civil rights movement and Judith Jamison, an Alvin Ailey dancer and artistic director.

So... I guess there's no pre-sale?

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^lol
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

A couple of exciting tweets from @aimeemann
    I THINK it will come out sometime around March? Not sure.
    Last day of recording for my new record! Today I am doing a duet with the great James Mercer of the fantastic Shins and I AM SO EXCITED.

That's one place on 2012 top 10 albums list taken.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    That's so exciting. I've been obsessively checking her website lately, hoping for some news. It's been too long since the last record.

I hope she comes to the UK to promote the new album. She hasn't toured here for years. Last time I saw here was in 2008. It was a brilliant gig! Aimee is one of my favourite live acts.

Brilliant news, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    I hope she comes to the UK to promote the new album. She hasn't toured here for years. Last time I saw here was in 2008. It was a brilliant gig! Aimee is one of my favourite live acts.
    She's incredibly lovable isn't she? And chatty! I think some people presume Aimee shows would be downers, but that dry bashful wit shines out whenever she talks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Other Piotr View Post
    She's incredibly lovable isn't she? And chatty! I think some people presume Aimee shows would be downers, but that dry bashful wit shines out whenever she talks too.
    I was surprised the first time I saw her at quite how chatty she was. Her stories and banter with the band and audience are hilarious.

I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    Here's a pic of her in the studio with producer Paul Bryan (who also produced @#%&*! Smilers, so that's a good thing IMO) and Mercer:

^ She looks great!

Misery Bear Gets Melancholy Montage With Aimee Mann Soundtrack
    What could be sadder than a Misery Bear video? Why, a compilation of Misery Bear's saddest video moments set to the music of Aimee Mann!

Aimee Mann has been responsible for some of the most heart-rending soundtracks on the big screen, such as Magnolia, The Fighter and The Jane Austen Book Club. Let's see if she can wring any remaining happiness out of Misery Bear, a bear described on his own website as "the saddest, loneliest, most suicidal teddy bear in the whole world. A borderline alcoholic with anger management issues".

Nat Saunders, the man responsible for Misery Bear, has posted this video to Twitter this morning. Here's hoping it can bring a little joy into your day:

Awwwww!

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    Misery Bear makes me laugh and cry at the same time!! And yay for a new Aimee Mann album - love her!!
    Suck it, Shawn.