Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Night of Hunters, Goose Form

What's the cheapest place for the UK selling Sin Palabras?

I've still not got round to getting it (have a habit of not counting download releases as "a proper release" - i'm old and i still only buy cds!!), but i know i should get this sooner or later

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    As far as I know, it never got a physical release.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Yeah, the images weren't all terrible.

This should have been the album cover. It's a gorgeous shot.

"The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Quote Originally Posted by stillorbiting View Post
    As far as I know, it never got a physical release.
    Yeah i know, i meant as a download.

I guess I'm strange, but I haven't made it through Sin Palabras yet. I keep hearing Tori's voice where it would be on Night of Hunters echoing in my head, so I have to stop it and put NoH on.

Banned
    It's funny this thread doesn't have more comments in it, but I guess most of the talk went on in the various reactions threads upon the release. I was reading through this thread to see what people enjoy about NOH. I understand why people are more excited about it as compared to AATS and MG - it's got a number of obvious positives, no awful guitar, unobtrusive production, focus on the piano. But the album is pretty snoozy for me. And most importantly, though there are some pretty moments ("Carry"), I feel there's no emotion behind the songs. So anyway, those of you who like NOH, what specifically do you like about it, I'm trying to get into the album a bit. What albums would you compare it to if you had to? It all comes across kind of sappy and "Broadway" to me, which I think is my own ignorance, (I'm not opposed to musical theatre, but is that what this is?) I guess I'm saying what musical context would you place NOH in? A lot of times - like with Shattering Sea, say - I feel like this should be awesome, with the piano pounding and the frenetic strings, but it comes across more like "something dramatic is happening here," as opposed to real emotion. Anyway, just wondering what others are thinking now that you've lived with the album for awhile.

I find Star Whisperer really rousing, one of the most passionate and dynamic bits of music Tori's made in years. For me it's the highlight. Fearlessness too I find pretty moving. For me though, the album could do without all the Tash songs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...snowblind! those opening chords, tash's voice, the lyrics...and the instrumental is phenom. I think I could listen to it all day in a trance.

This album is seriously my favorite thing she's done since SW. I'm kind of in love with it. Sin Palabras, too <love>.

this tornado loves you UnderTheFunk's Avatar
    Oh yeah. I forgot about Sin Palabras.

Still need to get that. Someday.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksahara View Post
    I find Star Whisperer really rousing, one of the most passionate and dynamic bits of music Tori's made in years. For me it's the highlight. Fearlessness too I find pretty moving. For me though, the album could do without all the Tash songs.
    ^ Maybe you are just snowblind to Tash's voice

Quote Originally Posted by NUHN View Post
    It's funny this thread doesn't have more comments in it, but I guess most of the talk went on in the various reactions threads upon the release. I was reading through this thread to see what people enjoy about NOH. I understand why people are more excited about it as compared to AATS and MG - it's got a number of obvious positives, no awful guitar, unobtrusive production, focus on the piano. But the album is pretty snoozy for me. And most importantly, though there are some pretty moments ("Carry"), I feel there's no emotion behind the songs. So anyway, those of you who like NOH, what specifically do you like about it, I'm trying to get into the album a bit. What albums would you compare it to if you had to? It all comes across kind of sappy and "Broadway" to me, which I think is my own ignorance, (I'm not opposed to musical theatre, but is that what this is?) I guess I'm saying what musical context would you place NOH in? A lot of times - like with Shattering Sea, say - I feel like this should be awesome, with the piano pounding and the frenetic strings, but it comes across more like "something dramatic is happening here," as opposed to real emotion. Anyway, just wondering what others are thinking now that you've lived with the album for awhile.
    It didn't really click for me until I saw several of the songs performed on tour....

I listen to a lot of the 2011 bootlegs, but I honestly can't remember the last time I listened to NOH. I don't know why. Maybe it's Tash and thinking about things like the fox-goose changeling and the Fire Muse and all those concepts that, imo, detract from the music. But there are a lot of really great songs on it, so I don't know why I don't listen more.

I listen to Sin Palabras frequently. I think it's a tremendous neo-classical piece in that form and something that Tori should be quite proud of.

Surrender, then start your engines OrenLovesTori's Avatar
    I still listen frequently to the album as a whole. Star Whisperer actually makes me very emotional (especially the middle part - I think it's one of the best things she's ever done). So does Fearlessness. Shattering Sea, the title track and some of the Tash songs (esp. The Chase) I just love musically, never mind the concepts behind them. And Battle of Trees is really hard to get into but I love the recurring musical themes in it.