Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: ARTPOP (2013) Album News & Information

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar

ARTPOP (2013) Album News & Information

***Updated: Official News***

Original post:

So I've been searching the deepest and darkest parts of the Internet (yes, Lady Gaga fan forums) trying to find info about Lady Gaga's 4th album and it looks like the album title is most likely going to be "Private in Public".

If this is true, I actually like it. From what I've read, it's going to be about society's obsession with the blonde celebrity and their demise (eg. Marilyn Monroe and Lady Diana).

There's also more talk that the new single will be released somewhere between the Australian and European leg of her tour.

Please post any news, rumours or whatever's relating to the new album here.
    Last edited by Father Lucifer; 08-30-2013 at 12:43 PM.

While I'd love to hear some new music later this year or early next, I feel she's already touched on this subject. With it being specific to the "blonde celebrity," I'm betting she's been influenced by her media setup and takedown that seems to have occurred after Born This Way was released. Tackle it with a song or two, but a whole album risks her repeating herself.

Not to mention when we begin veering specifically into Monroe and Diana, we're retreading DITD; excellent song, sure, but I think it was perfect in the one song and that she'd be unlikely to top it.

Re: new album, I'd rather see her finish the Born This Way-era without any further developments and just let that shit rest, rather than begin yet another promotional cycle before this one's even finished. A third album can wait.

If the songs are good, I don’t really care what the concept is. Plenty of songs on the previous albums don’t adhere strictly to the overall theme of the records.

The Drama Queen of Pretentiousness! Ms. Shart O'Nay's Avatar
    My instinct is to say "Wait, Gaga, we don't need another album less than 2 years after the last one," but on the other hand, she understands the pop world, where an album-per-year is hardly extraordinary (Rihanna's been doing this since the beginning of her career--only Good Girl Gone Bad and Rated R have more than a year between them), and keeping your name in the public ear is one survival strategy. I think she's such a perfectionist that, if she does release something before the end of 2012, it won't be half-assed. Even the terrible tracks on BTW were interesting messes, rather than lazy throwaways.

That said, the "demise of the blonde celebrity" sounds like major retread territory for her. We've seen it on The Fame, we've seen it in songs like Dance In the Dark, we've seen it on BTW. Not sure how she can twist that into another album at this point.

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    ...Source? I know it's a rumor, but the source of the rumor will help show if it's a bunch of malarkey or not.

I love the album title but yeah - the blond celebrity thing has been done several times.... almost all of them by her.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I know it's not new territory but I think she will further explore the "back lash" toward the blonde celebrity. I'll go looking for the article where she mentions all of this...

I know there is a lot of speculation about the album title. Lady Gaga mentioned to always be 'Private in Public' on Lifetime's The Conversation as the best advice she's been given. She has also mentioned this on Tumblr, ShowStudio interview and her V Magazine Memorandum 2.

I just hope this comes with a packet of seeds.

Strong rumors floating around based on fan interaction and some cryptic tweets that Gaga is set to announce a new single/album on Sunday or Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Strong rumors floating around based on fan interaction and some cryptic tweets that Gaga is set to announce a new single/album on Sunday or Monday!
    Ooh! I hope it's true! I enjoyed "Born This Way" so bloody much and I'm curious to see if she takes a new direction or develops the sound of "Marry The Night" (with Garibay).

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    She hasn't even finished the tour for this record, so it could be just a sixth single for Born This Way, or more tour dates.

She posted on Facebook that she played the new record (a full new record!?!?) for Lady Starlight and for the label, and the title will be announced in September.

(...when did she have TIME to write and record new material?!? That's it, she has a Time-Turner, like Hermione from Harry Potter. Only explanation).
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

The Drama Queen of Pretentiousness! Ms. Shart O'Nay's Avatar
    Yeah I saw that too. On the other hand, I sometimes wish she would calm down a little bit. She's basically starting the promotional cycle three months before she's allowed to give any sort of detail about the project--which not only makes the wait feel improbably long, but potentially enables a diminishing level of interest as she gets nearer the album release.

I suppose it depends on the planned release timeframe. The announcement of a title can happen two weeks before a release or it can happen 3-4 months beforehand.