Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: ARTPOP (2013) Album News & Information

So there was almost 2 hours of the K-POP and the lady dj openers before Lady Gaga began her show. I was so over the openers.

But Lady Gaga made it right by performing her ass off. She was energized, and loving, and gave us her all. She invited up a young guy to sit with her during her solo performance of Born This Way, which was totally endearing.

The stage was huge and lit up. I loved the Venus planet set. It was very imaginative, and her dancers were in elaborate costumes. The sound was fantastic just like on the ArtPop album. My favorites were Aura, Swine, and Applause. I don't have any complaints really. I had a very positive experience.

I was at the Atlanta show and the complaints about her talking are confusing to me. She never talked longer than 2 minutes, and only did it a few times. Nothing long and annoying like the BTW-era.

It was fabulous and she sang her ass off.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Wasn't she mostly singing over pre-recorded vocals though? And didn't you think her dancing was awful? Just sayin'! It was a good show, but just didn't hit the mark for me. I'm glad others enjoyed it as much!

ETA: The piano version of BTW was gorgeous and so touching and I totally got something in my eye. That and the performance of Venus was worth going.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    Wasn't she mostly singing over pre-recorded vocals though? And didn't you think her dancing was awful? Just sayin'! It was a good show, but just didn't hit the mark for me. I'm glad others enjoyed it as much!

ETA: The piano version of BTW was gorgeous and so touching and I totally got something in my eye. That and the performance of Venus was worth going.
    Singing over pre-recorded vocals is expected for this type of performance/show. And she's not a professional dancer so whatever. Seeing 4 shows on this tour starting May 18…can't wait! Those costumes look amazing! And she literally finished the BTW Ball 15 months ago and performed 16 of the songs from that album on the tour. Obviously the setlist was going to be ArtPop heavy…although it would've been fun if she added Boys Boys Boys, Monster or Dance in the Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post

No, I didn't think her dancing was awful. Her voice was clearly live to me, besides a few like Donatella.

I was pleasantly surprised at the show. I was afraid it'd be all about loving yourself and she'd constantly tell us to jump and whatnot. She shot through the songs and I had a blast personally.

Ok. I thought her dancing was some of the worst I ever seen from a pop performer. And her voice was only live sporadically.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

She definitely sang over her studio tracks like Swine, but when there's a lot of movement, that's kind of expected. She definitely sang enough on top of the studio tracks to make it "live" enough for me.

I agree Ron. When she was singing live she sounded amazing!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk