Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: ARTPOP (2013) Album News & Information

September is also when the Born This Way ball hits Europe. Could mean she'd be able to add in a new single the set. Similar to how it was with Born This Way, where she released the song in February, then added it to the show shortly after, album in a few months after.

My guess -
    new single in August
    new album title announced in September
    new album released in late November or early December (Black Friday/Christmas sales, peeps!)

Or, it'll be more drawn out *groan*
    album title announced in September
    single in november/december
    album in the spring.

I think it'd be better for her to release the album later on next year. Maybe release a single in December, but not the album. I'm glad she's more focused on touring at the moment, and think it'd be better for her to stay out of the spotlight like she has been recently. I dunno, I just feel like there hasn't been enough time since BtW, plus I'm completely worn out on her old material.

Either way, I hope she goes in a completely different direction with this album. I'm over the anthem-type songs and certain aspects of her persona that made her so interesting in the beginning.

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    Lady Gaga recently twittered:

Exciting news little monsters! I've played my new record for my label and will be announcing my new Album Title in September! X

Looks like it's going to be draaaaaaaaaawn out!

Gosh, where does this women get her motivation? I can barely get out of bed.

Very excited for the new record. I just wonder though if she releases it in the fall that it'll be too soon. She has suffered a bit from overexposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Beulah Land View Post
    Very excited for the new record. I just wonder though if she releases it in the fall that it'll be too soon. She has suffered a bit from overexposure.
    You're most probably right. The marketing/ promotion for BTW lost it's steam very quickly if you compare it, say to Katy Perry (another "mainstream" artist).
    I think if Lady Gaga and other artists like Elton John did not hype-up the release and the actual song, Born This Way it would've been received a lot better because Gaga didn't need to do much because she was at her zenith after the Fame Monster.

I don't think any song can become an anthem just because a few people say it's "anthemic". I think it's an excellent, catchy pop song, but it would've been nice if the media and the artists let me/ us make up our minds about it first.
    It would have had a bigger impact if she said "Oh, by the way my little monsters, I recorded this recently and it's for you guys because you mean a lot to me". I think the response would've been "Oh wow! What's this! OMG!"

I think Lady Gaga will follow a very similar route in terms of sharing information about the album and the songs, blah, blah... I do enjoy the anticipation, but c'mon what's the purpose of sharing the album title in a few months time?
    I might love her music but I don't think ANYONE should wait that long to hear what the album is called, I can wait for a new album until the end of the year, maybe even next year but it would've been nice if she released a video and some interesting mixes for "Scheisse" or "Heavy Metal Lover" first.

So Lady Gaga talked about the new album before playing Princess Die

"Let's just say I feel that when I wrote Born This Way I demonstrated a sense of maturity. And I feel that on the next album, there is a lack of maturity [laughs]. A tremendous lack of maturity or sense of responsibility!"

Maybe that will please those who feel she took herself too seriously this last era! Over on Popjustice, every other post is about missing "Fame" Gaga where she was singing about partying money sex etc. I don't think she'll return to those themes the same way she handled them on The Fame, so we'll see.

I'm in that boat, but I dug the Fame's lyrical content because it was so over-the-top and seemingly tongue-in-cheek. Interesting news though.

Found a bit more fan speculation about the new album on a Tumblr http://visualscott.tumblr.com/post/2...agas-career-is site:

One of the most unique aspects of Gaga’s career is how she relentlessly dodges the paparazzi.
    “I have to be really honest: People who say they can’t escape the paparazzi are full of shit. Let me just be the artist to throw everybody under the bus. I don’t spend lots of money on houses or lots of cars, but I do spend money on security and they never find me.”
    But as of late it seems she’s slowly embracing the media attention. Partying at the Chateau Marmont with Lindsay Lohan and Lana Del Rey, exposing her nipples in a sheer top, flipping off the cameras, and tweeting non-stop about music, fashion, partying and even “trees” (that’s marijuana, kids).
    Most of her fans have picked up on this, figuring out quite quickly that it’s in support of her forthcoming album. She’s purposefully molding her behavior into that of the more traditional pop star.
    Today I spoke with friends, who asked about her new fragrance. One commented “It seems a little mainstream of her… every celebrity has a perfume out.” Having not thought too deeply into it, until that moment, I still managed to explain that its a natural next step in building her brand, but could also hold a deeper meaning; is Gaga releasing an affordable fragrance, soon to be available in the biggest department stores, because that’s something every other pop star has done? Sure, she was involved with the creation, and it’s an innovative product in it’s own right, but come this fall she’ll be wedged onto shelves alongside Kim, Paris and Britney.
    It’s something like that (the notion that she’s releasing a fragrance to purposefully appear mainstream) that causes me to wonder just how committed she is to this whole “martyrdom” thing.
    In 2009 Gaga staged her own death - literally, her stage being that of the VMAs. The difference, though, is that back then she was just getting started. Paparazzi was written by a girl who had never been chased by flashing cameras. Lady Gaga was not yet the most Google-searched, the most photographed, or the most powerful celebrity on the globe. Paparazzi (along with the rest of The Fame) was all satirical. It was her commentary on the shallowness of celebrity.
    So now what? She is one of the biggest stars on the world - surely still the most influential and most talked about pop star. Now that she’s lived that life for a few years, is she on the brink of masterminding her own paparazzi-fueled media superstardom? Will she make these public appearances and tabloid-friendly outing just as important as the songs on her next album? Can we expect to see her on the cover of the tabloids - the very magazines she avoided not very long ago?
    Just how far is she going to take it?
    If hanging, bloody, from a chandelier on Mtv was her statement about fame back when she was just getting started what will she do now? Something tells me it won’t be confined to an award show stage, I think we should prepare for something truly explosive.
    Already she’s singing a new tune about Princess Di. Without question the death of the Princess influenced paparazzi culture most significantly. This September Gaga will be touring Paris, death place of Diana. That same month she’s launching her fragrance, covering Vogue magazine and announcing her next album title.
    Her media attention will be at it’s peak.
    The paparazzi will want to chase her through Pont de l’Alma road tunnel, as they did Diana. And with a sense of poetic justice, imagine if Gaga visited the site of Diana’s death. How beautifully tragic it would be, for the paparazzi to swarm on the biggest star in the world as she visits Diana’s death place to pay respect.
    This time instead of death, it will be a beautiful sight. I’m hoping that Gaga visits the tunnel, to leave a bouquet of white roses for Princess Di. Simply doing so, Gaga she will orchestrate one of the most significant moments in popular culture the world has seen. I can see it now. Thousands of photographers, blinding flashbulbs, and a simple exchange from this generation’s biggest star, to one from the past.
    But not to get my hopes up or anything…

All sorts of stuff flying around about the new single.

Her sound engineer has been teasing fans, as has she. When asked if he could reveal what the single starts with, he responded with "N O " which fuels rumors that Lady Gaga is revamping "Nothing On But The Radio" to be a single of some sort.

Furthermore, a friend of mine posted the demo of the song a while back and was JUST recently asked to take it down. Coincidence or prep?

^ What about "No Way"? I think that's one of her best unreleased songs and I believe that Garibay said it might end up on a future release.

We take in stray ducks. John's Face's Avatar
    You can't really hear anything, but apparently she played a new song on her car stereo for fans.
    Enter signature here.

"no minaj on album"
    "there may be some new music soon, but not necessarily from the album"
    "eventually i will make telephone continuation"
    "i dunno # of songs yet"
    "making a small film for every song on the album"

https://p.twimg.com/AyuUc7yCIAApHVb.png:large

"making a small film for every song on the album"
    **Shudders**

I enjoy Gaga's Gagavision videos. Hopefully they'll be similar and not Gaga parading in high fashion in cemeteries