Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Being a Parent is hard...

Oy With The Poodles Already!
    We have now entered the "I don't want to poop on the potty" phase of potty training. UGH. I forgot how nasty it is to pull off disgusting underwear.

She is almost fully day trained. Nighttimes I'm not worried about yet, it's really just the poop now. ugh. PLEASE let her learn soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieDreamer View Post
    We have now entered the "I don't want to poop on the potty" phase of potty training. UGH. I forgot how nasty it is to pull off disgusting underwear.
    That is the shittiest part of potty training by far I hope it passes soon...

It's been a long time since we have had to follow through on a "threat". Lucien has been increasingly getting more and more "meh" about eating at supper time/what is given to him and I'm tired of it. He was given the choice tonight of dinner and a movie or bedtime right away. He chose to be "full and all done" with his meal after 2 bites, so bedtime it was. It's the first time I've ever put him to bed crying and left him there to cry himself to sleep, it's not something that has ever had to be done and phew was it heartbreaking. I'm REALLY hoping tomorrow there isn't a repeat.

awww Garion tries to pull the same stunt; every day there for a while it was, "I'm not eating dinner," or "I hate fish, I'm having a sandwich." Errr, no. This is what's for dinner, and if you're hungry, this is what you'll eat. He was also coming home after school and expecting a second lunch w/ sandwich, chips, and an apple. Since I've put an end to that, and only allowed him an apple and a yogurt after school, he's not only cleaned his plate, but the day before yesterday he had seconds of flounder. The whole fish-hate thing was starting to worry me, though!

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    We're trying to potty train now. Tess is so inconsistent and we're trying not to pressure her too much. If I let her roam around bare bottomed, she does great. But most of the time will ask for a diaper. I've tried underpants, but she just pees in them like it's a diaper. I'm frustrated to no end. I'm currently trying to explain that if she doesn't get this she won't be able to go to pre-school next Fall.

Do you want me to send you the potty training PDF I used? It worked really well for several people I know. Including Barb here. PM me your email address if you're interested.

I highly recommend it!

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Thanks Stephanie! PM sent.

ETA: Got it. It's very much like what I've been trying to do, only more stringent. I think we'll go ahead and lay off for now. I have a Mon. off towards the end of the month to give it the three days.

Oy With The Poodles Already!
    wooo! Abby is now fully day potty trained! No more pull ups during the day at all, even being out for hours at a time. She's still in pull ups at night, but I'm okay with that.

yay!

Poor Holden has had a month from hell. His daycare provider unexpectedly closed her daycare with no warning (bitch! but that's another story). So we started him at another daycare. The same week we had booked painters to paint our house, so we were completely displaced, sleeping over with family. This week is week 2 at daycare, the painting at our house is done BUT we're getting tile floor put in, so we're displaced again. Poor kid has been a trooper, but all this moving around, new daycare and limited time at home has finally come to a boil for him. This week has been a disaster. Tantrum upon tantrum, crying that he wants to go home, etc etc. I feel so bad for him. The tantrums are horrid and really grate on our nerves. He's trying to get away with lots of nonsense (not working). We're being really patient with him because we know he's stressed, but at the same time not backing down on the bratty behavior. It's a fine line. And it's also hard to keep your cool when one 15 minute full out tantrum is followed by another one half an hour later.

This morning I left him at daycare crying so hard, it was so hard to let him go

*sigh* looking forward to this weekend when our house is put back together and we can go back to a routine (only to go through it again when we move for real this summer LOL)
    Last edited by Stephanie; 05-04-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Poor baby. He'll bounce back once you guys have a normal routine again.
    Last edited by Barbarella; 05-04-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Stephanie - That is a lot of change for the little guy to go through. I think he'll be back to normal once you get back into the house, and once he has adjusted to the new daycare. Hug the little guy for me.

poor little guy I had been wondering how he was adapting to his new daycare. As the others have said, he'll bounce back to normal when things settle down. Even with the move, it may be ok because you're all going together with your "home" and won't be dependent on other people's schedules etc

He's doing way better now, even a day later We decided that even though our house is a DISASTER that we would stay here anyway, and it has made a difference. H and J had a "boys adventure" last night and went to Home Depot and then picked up dinner. They had a blast, then when H got home we showed him all the construction stuff and he was very impressed. He was happy to sleep in his bed.

Adjusting to daycare has been awesome, thankfully. The drop off is tough some days, and we get some (heartbreaking) tears, but he has a BLAST once there. He's happy and chatty, and they say he's not shy at all! They do LOTS of crafts, and have their own outdoor play area. They have a big window in front and when J picked him up yesterday he said he looked in and saw H spontaneously give one of the "teachers" a happy hug, so that's nice to know.

So I think we're over the worst of it for now

Thanks for letting me vent, and then gush a bit too

Becks, I think this daycare is so much better than his old daycare. The old one was good for when he was a baby (she was all about nutrition, and attachment parenting), but I think her closing down was a blessing in disguise. I think he was getting bored. She had all these plans to do special things with the kids which never happened (pre-school learning stuff). The only neat thing she ever did was take them to music class every other week for a few months. His new daycare has music several times a week!!

The new daycare has theme weeks (this week is dinosaur week! he's loving it!), and daily crafts (sometimes more than one!), scheduled outdoor play, they rotate toys every 2 weeks, etc. It's sooooo much better for him. His old daycare: never out in the winter at all (ugh), crafts were pretty rare (once a week or less), there were no themes (no learning about holidays etc, which is fun and easy to teach with crafts), and they pretty much had the same toys for the entire time he was there. I almost wish we had switched him earlier!