Thread: today, i hate being a mother

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar

Arrow today, i hate being a mother

http://innerpieceblog.blogspot.com/2...ng-mother.html

an interesting piece coupled with my own interesting experiences of late. it's funny--for a while there, it seemed all my friends/companions were getting pregnant. its sort of still that way, but the interesting thing is that more than a couple of these newish moms (i.e. kids from 6m-3 years or so) will say the same thing like "im telling you because you won't judge me" with some sort of "i love my kid(s), but______" 1. i miss my free time 2. i dont always like them 3. im tired of the attitude...............etc.

i attribute their honesty to my being forthcoming in my child free status, as well as the candidness that it wasn't an easy decision nor a 100% awesome decision (although the pros soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo outweigh the cons).

hilariously, when they were first moms/pregnant it was bingo city, but now it seems to be that a bit less. obviously, some people are 100% baby all the time, or have deluded themselves in someway to be 100% baby all the time. but i think it's a myth. made up by women who hate women who love to make other women feel inadequate.

so that's my soapbox, but i think the anonymity of the interwebs has allowed women/men to be honest....even in cyberspace.

(the comments on my link are the most telling)

these days just seem to crush me
    Quote Originally Posted by fox in socks View Post
    http://innerpieceblog.blogspot.com/2...ng-mother.html

an interesting piece coupled with my own interesting experiences of late. it's funny--for a while there, it seemed all my friends/companions were getting pregnant. its sort of still that way, but the interesting thing is that more than a couple of these newish moms (i.e. kids from 6m-3 years or so) will say the same thing like "im telling you because you won't judge me" with some sort of "i love my kid(s), but______" 1. i miss my free time 2. i dont always like them 3. im tired of the attitude...............etc.

i attribute their honesty to my being forthcoming in my child free status, as well as the candidness that it wasn't an easy decision nor a 100% awesome decision (although the pros soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo outweigh the cons).

hilariously, when they were first moms/pregnant it was bingo city, but now it seems to be that a bit less. obviously, some people are 100% baby all the time, or have deluded themselves in someway to be 100% baby all the time. but i think it's a myth. made up by women who hate women who love to make other women feel inadequate.

so that's my soapbox, but i think the anonymity of the interwebs has allowed women/men to be honest....even in cyberspace.

(the comments on my link are the most telling)
    i'm sure my own mother would have posted about us on that blog if the internet was around back in the day. so in that respect, reading those posts made me really sad. she was one of those mothers who would tell us she hated us, and would threaten to leave us ALL THE TIME. she never did, so i have to credit her for that. but it's one thing to think those things, and another to verbally express those things to your children!

and honestly, looking back on it all, we were fairly tame children compared to the way i see kids act now! she had it easy.

the thought of becoming my mother with my own kids absolutely terrifies me into never having children. i used to tell myself i would be better than my own mother when it came to raising children IF i ever had a child, but there's no guarantee.
    Last edited by Jessy; 05-12-2012 at 02:52 PM.

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    Some people just absolutely aren't cut out for having kids, but that's completely fine and it's society's fault for telling them that they are.