Thread: Monthly "Empties"

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar

Monthly "Empties"

I don't know if this is even interesting to anyone but me, but I'm trying desperately to go through some of my stash (which, due to my subscription services, is growing rapidly!). Lately quite a number of the YT gurus have been doing monthly "Empties" videos, in which they show the products they have used up and sometimes give mini reviews on things. (The first of these type of videos that I saw were done by a girl whose channel is called "ChelseaWears," and if you've never watched her, try it, because she's a fucking riot.)

I've been keeping my empties for the last couple months just to show myself that I am using all that junk, and thought I'd offer the idea for anyone else interested! Also it could be a nice way to go back and remember things you really wanted to re-purchase or buy in a full size. With no further ado, things I finished in May (Note-- most of these were NOT full sized products):

Suave Rosemary+Mint Shampoo -- not as invigorating as I'd hoped. Also, it will take me ages to get through the next bottle of shampoo, as I have no hair anymore.
    Bumble and Bumble Let It Shine Shampoo and Conditioner -- little travel packets. I didn't get much of a feel for this, as I started using it after I shaved my head. Thought it smelled disgusting, though.
    C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint -- love this shit, have for years.
    Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Serum -- I think it was good, but my packet dried out fairly quickly and looked like boogers, so I didn't much care to put it on my face.
    Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser -- liked this a lot.
    CVS Clarifying Cleansing Towelettes -- basically the generic of the Aveeno ones. They did the job, and didn't freak my skin out, which is a win in my book.
    C.O. Bigelow Lemon Body Cream -- didn't care for the scent.
    Bulgari Oshibori au the blanc -- lovely and I wish I could actually afford to buy these. Basically a perfumed wetnap. Ha.
    Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray -- good, but I wish they'd come up with a container for dry shampoo sprays that didn't clog so much.
    Dermud Enriched Intensive Foot Cream -- my feet are gross, this made them slightly less gross.
    Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Souffle Body Creme -- I wanted this to be more scented than it was.
    Benefit Garden of Good and Eva -- nice scent, not a lot of staying power.
    MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light -- I go on and on about this stuff. It's awesome. (And this one I can save for Back to MAC!)
    Clinique Pore Minimizer -- this product was old, which may explain why it didn't work so well. I used as much of it as I could manage, until it started to break me out. So we're parting ways.
    Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion -- Actually a toner rather than a "lotion," refreshing!
    Sephora Lash and Eyebrow Mascara -- clear brow gels are pretty much all the same. It did what it was supposed to do, and lasted quite a long time.
    Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Gel -- This sample was tiny and lasted for MONTHS. Don't know as it really refined my pores, though.
    Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Restorative Cream -- THIS STUFF ACTUALLY WORKS. I want a full size. SO BADLY.
    Taylor Swift Wonderstruck EDT -- eh. Not sure what the fuss is.
    Last edited by Churumbela; 06-02-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Products I finished in July (a lot of these are sample sizes):
    Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes: they were okay; didn't irritate my skin, which is a feat, but also didn't do anything amazing. I've moved on to a pack from Simple, which I like so far.

AHAVA Revival Bath Salts in Mandarin-Cedarwood: these smelled AMAZING.

Estee Lauder DayWear Plus: I'd had this for a while, so I didn't really dare to use it on my face. Instead I used it as a moisturizer on my newest tattoos. It had SPF 15, and the texture was lovely.

Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Lifting Formula: Loved it. I might have to save up and get this the next time Shiseido do a GWP at Macys.

The Seaweed Bath Co. Wildly Natural Seaweed Argan Shampoo and Conditioner: nothing special, and the conditioner had a very strong citrus scent which I did not really enjoy in a hair product.

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser: LOVED this stuff. It's one of the warming ones, although the warmth doesn't last long, it's a really nice sensation. This is only available through Sephora, and is always sold out.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel: it was nice, but I will not purchase full size. The sample lasted a really long time, but the amount this company charges for clear brow gel is ridiculous.

Viva La Juicy EDP: I just wanted to use up the sample. Fortunately the scent didn't have very good staying power, because this isn't a scent I'd want to wear regularly. Smells like a sorority sister, basically.
    Last edited by Churumbela; 07-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    I am sorry to say that at first glance I thought this was a thread about menstruation.

Can it be about the booze we drink?
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

Absolutely.

I finished a bottle of Bailey's this month as well.

Ooo, jealous It's too hot here for Bailey's. LOL
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    Clinique Pore Minimizer -- this product was old, which may explain why it didn't work so well. I used as much of it as I could manage, until it started to break me out. So we're parting ways.
    It got really good reviews online, so I bought it with high hopes. After using it religiously until it ran out, I couldn't see any difference whatsoever. It didn't help the smaller pores, and it didn't help the handful of bigger pores, either. I've gone back to their turnaround concentrate.

I finished a bottle of blue curacao, and my bottle of frangelico, which is lamentably proving extremely difficult to replace.

I have HUGE pores on my nose, so if anyone knows of something that actually works well, I'm totally game to try it. I have a smaller size of the Porefessional from Benefit, but I don't know as it's really intended to make pores smaller so much as it's intended to make them look smaller when you're wearing it.

From everything I've read, you can't actually make your pores smaller. I have large and uneven pores and I hate them!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.