Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 1,711 to 1,719 of 1719

Thread: so you want an ak-47: unfs gun control or lack thereof party thread

Well, duh.

Grossitygross. "Did they deserve it for lack of civility or can we call the shooter a deranged liberal?"

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

The shooter had a longstanding grudge against the newspaper for publishing a negative story about him.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    He might have had a long standing grudge and/or mental issues, but we can't pretend an abundance of guns and violent rhetoric (not this "civility" hypocrisy being flung about) don't have an effect. Maybe not in this case, sure, but in no cases?

Well I mean obviously, he's the poster child for toxic masculinity. That in addition to the gun-love rhetoric is a recipe for disaster.

I'm still trying to process this. As a longtime subscriber to the Capital, I feel like what happened yesterday was an attack on my extended family. These are the writers whose words I enjoy every morning as I take my first sip of coffee. I'm not the least bit surprised that my copy of this newspaper arrived on the driveway this morning at the usual time, long before sunrise. This is one of the best local papers in the country. Here's what they do: they get up every morning and work towards informing their readers about what's going on in their neighborhoods. They put up with low pay and with verbal abuse from their unstable readers. My feeling right now is that first and foremost I want to reach out and thank my local journalists for putting up with shit like this.

One of those organizations is the NRA.

Arizona is rapidly rising on the list of states which I would not want to visit, much less live in.

Too bad, because it’s a beautiful state. And generally, the crazy alt-right motherfuckers are in the Phoenix area.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama