Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,753 of 1753

Thread: so you want an ak-47: unfs gun control or lack thereof party thread

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I didn't mean to be ranking them, but it was more that too many police departments take NRA blood money and believe their lies and excoriate anyone who dares criticize them when they themselves would benefit from fewer guns. If *only* cops died this would still be a terrible thing. But things aren't going to change when the majority of cops and departments and unions don't care.

And the wingnuts who scream when cops are killed by POC don't care when cops are killed by white dudes. Lock up all the black people so no cops get shot, not take away the guns to a reasonable extent so no one gets shot.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^The president said he is a nationalist. I'd imagine these sickos who look up to Hitler as the founder of this doctrine see the leader of the nation aligning with them and it must feel to them as a call to arms. I hope that they're not just getting started but it sure does feel like this is the beginning.. or a continuation.

more..
    Last edited by Volta; 10-28-2018 at 01:37 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Absolutely heartbreaking.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Especially chilling is that Rose Mallinger was a Holocaust survivor. She was in her 20s when the war ended, so she must have had very vivid memories.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

There’s been a mass shooting at a country western bar in California. Twelve are dead including a police officer and the gunman. Witnesses said that a lot of the people in the bar were survivors of the Las Vegas shooting.

From the LA Times:
    A gunman who killed 12 people at a Thousand Oaks bar was a former U.S. Marine who may have been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, the Ventura County sheriff said.
    Ian David Long, 28, lived in Newbury Park, not far from the club where he threw smoke bombs and rained bullets on a crowd of more than a hundred people Wednesday night.
    Sheriff Geoff Dean said his department had had several interactions with Long, including a call to his home in April for a complaint of disturbing the peace. Deputies at the time said Long was irate and acting irrationally, Dean said. They called in mental health professionals to evaluate him, and they concluded he did not need to be taken into custody.

Crying into my breakfast.

If we can't get rid of the guns, maybe we can just lock up all the abusers and misogynists.

And now a high school is on lockdown in North Carolina because there was supposedly an active shooter. I guess the good thing in this is that it happened around 6:30AM so there probably weren’t any kids there yet...

ETA: The school claims it was a malfunction of the alert system, I guess.

Well well well

Getting rid of coffee (and water?!) is a bad sign for employees.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^Thoughts and prayers.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life