Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1693

Thread: so you want an ak-47: unfs gun control or lack thereof party thread

The more we find out about him, the more we see that he was about the last person on Earth who should have been allowed to buy a fucking gun.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

So what is the response from the powers that be to the recent blood-soaked mayhem in Las Vegas and elsewhere? Are they going forward with a ban on bump stocks? Nah. They have to continue to kowtow to their NRA donors because that blood money is just too good to resist.

https://qz.com/1144247/the-concealed...stic-violence/

On Wednesday, the US House Judiciary Committee voted in favor of the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. If enacted into law, it would allow concealed transport of firearms across state lines and force states to honor concealed carry permits issued elsewhere. At the moment, most states do not recognize concealed carry permits from other states.

Many are actively decrying this bill—for a lot of good reasons. One of the most resounding criticisms has to do with the fact that concealed carry reciprocity would allow people to circumvent criminal background checks. Gun control advocates have voiced concerns about nationalizing rules from a minority of states that allow concealed carry of a firearm without a permit, which could affect some of the most vulnerable populations in the country.
    So much for State's Rights.

Firearm sales typically go up after a mass shooting, this means more profits for gun manufacturers some of which winds up with gun lobbyists like the NRA. "Blood money" is absolutely right.

So if I am allowed to get medical marijuana in Colorado - can I bring it home to Georgia?

*probably not*
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

After mass shootings, retired military commanders urge Congress to address 'gun violence crisis'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.f3315e9cef7a

Sixteen of the nation’s top retired military commanders are urging Congress to pass gun control legislation, arguing that there are many steps that can be taken to curb gun deaths that do not violate the Second Amendment.

In a letter they plan to send to Congressional leaders, the retired commanders, including Army Gen. Wesley Clark, Navy Admiral Eric T. Olson, Marine Brig. Gen. Stephen A. Cheney, and Air Force Gen. Michael V. Hayden and Lt. Gen. Norman R. Seip argue that Congress is “no longer speaking or voting for the majority of Americans, including gun owners” when it comes to the issue of firearms.

“There is no acceptable excuse for our elected leaders to avoid addressing this as a national crisis,” they write.

The group is part of the veterans coalition of a gun control group founded by former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly. They laid out their arguments in a letter they plan to send to Congressional leaders.

The retired military men and women said that, as military leaders, they defended the Constitution and have considerable firearms training. As Americans, they said, they find the level of gun violence across the country unacceptable, calling the shootings that killed 58 people in Las Vegas in October and 26 in a church in Sutherland Springs, Tex., in November “but the latest instances of shocking horror” that the nation has experienced in recent years.

“Thoughts and prayers will not bring solutions,” they write.

chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Today in New Mexico: http://www.job.com/new-mexico-news/d...98511/?cat=500

3 dead. 15 injured.

ETA: Discrepancy about number of injured. The Navajo Nation is reporting15 injured, but NMSP is reporting no injuries. Since no one has been transported to a hospital, no injuries seems correct.

ETA pt 2: It was a planned attack by a former student. The two victims were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He fired into a classroom as well, but the students and teacher were hiding so no one got hurt. He then killed himself when he heard the cops arrive. The cops happened to be in the area, so their response time was incredibly quick.

http://krqe.com/2017/12/08/gunman-id...hool-shooting/
    Last edited by MTC; 12-08-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Couldn't even make it a full month into the new year without this thread getting bumped.

Marshall County, Kentucky, high school shooting: what we know
    At least two people were killed and 19 others were injured, according to Gov. Matt Bevin.

A shooter at Marshall County High School in Kentucky opened fire on Tuesday morning, killing at least two people and injuring at least 19 others.

The suspect, a 15-year-old male student, is in custody, Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said, and will be charged with murder and attempted murder. Federal, state, and local police are investigating the shooting.

It is unbelievable that this would happen in a small, close-knit community like Marshall County,” Bevin said in an earlier statement. “As there is still much unknown, I encourage people to love each other.”

This story is still developing. Here’s what we know and don’t know so far.
    As unbelievable as all the other times.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    At least 20 injured at a mass high-school shooting in Parkland, FL. I am so sick of this bullshit.

Shooter possibly still active. This sounds like a bad one.

Barack Hussein Obama

“A number” of casualties. Shit.

Breaking: they caught the fucker.

Barack Hussein Obama

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    The suspect is a white male, so of course they're already trotting out "the real issue is mental health".

ETA: WHAT THE FUCK

Not displaying properly, but now there is a shooting at a Virgina college?

ETA2: ABC now reporting at least 15 dead in the FL shooting.
    Last edited by just owls; 02-14-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Now it’s at 16 dead. This is absolutely madness. But hey, thoughts and prayers.

The official count is 17 dead.

Gunman's name is Nicolas Cruz.

Barack Hussein Obama

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    There was a story about a teacher who had to close and lockout other students from the hallway as the gunman moved down the hall.
    He had to choose between protecting a few students in the hall or an entire room filled with kids.
    His choice will probably haunt him for the rest of his life.

Shep Smith listed all the school shootings since Columbine. It got picked up on a lot of social media i've seen. There will never be Gun Control. We didn't do it back then, we didn't do it under Clinton, under Bush, under Obama when he had the house and the senate. We didn't do it after Virgina Tech or Sandy Hook.

We are so tuned out. American's are tuned out. The youth are totally checked out. This is a perfect country for an organization like the NRA to park right on top of us.
    Next week the only thing trending on twitter will be which Kardashian threw shade on which Real Housewife. And I play a part in this.

If I had children, I'd home school them until Congress did something, anything.

And i'm tired of people saying it wasn't the gun that killed 16 people but his mental illness. What better time to make healthcare (mental healthcare) affordable or universal for everyone, right? Nope.
    Last edited by Volta; 02-15-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..