Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,754 of 1754

Thread: so you want an ak-47: unfs gun control or lack thereof party thread

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    https://hollywoodlife.com/feature/wh...lmart-shooter/

He drove 600 miles until he decided that El Paso was the place. He wanted to shoot-up a border town to send a message about the “Hispanic Invasion” and this is “not Trumps fault” wtf?

Republican thoughts and prayers galore.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I found the complete manifesto. Doing this on my phone so forgive me for not embedding.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/michael...k-crusius/amp/

Basically he believed from the last debate democrats will use immigrants to take Texas and win every presidential election with all those electoral votes. Immigrants will drain country of jobs since “automation” will already take half of jobs in America. He blames both parties but said there is a faction in the Republican Party that he aligns with.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Less than 24 hours later:

Dayton shooting: Police respond to Ohio 'mass shooting'

Not quoting article content as it's breaking news so will probably be updated regularly.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I've gotten fairly desensitized to news of mass shootings, but Dayton happening so soon after El Paso...it's difficult to comprehend.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I heard the usual talking points this morning. I was up early for ballooning and the news caught me off guard. To hear, "It's too soon to talk about this issue" again, AGAIN, just enraged me.

It's not too soon. It's too late. Far too late for everyone killed or injured from Columbine to today.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Truth is nothing will be done, and we'll be posting about another mass shooting next week.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I was just thinking, at this time yesterday, the El Paso shooting was just another far-away tragedy to the victims in Dayton today. And tomorrow it could be any of us in their shoes. And no one would be surprised.

I feel like we’re all suffering through the death throes of this country. IMO it started with 9/11 and we’ve been on a speeding train toward it ever since. I’d love to be proven wrong. Lately it just doesn’t feel curable to me.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    That stupid orange fuckhead has been selectively deleting tweets, especially ones that call latinos coming in "Invasion"s.

There is no accountability and it sickens me. I don't lay all the Jan 2017-today shootings on him. That's unfair. But he certainly didn't help matters and arguably has made things worse. But while I don't blame him and him alone, clearly he or some of his people fear the blame if they're deleting tweets.

I 1000 percent blame Republicans for blocking any measure of common-sense gun control in this country. We haven’t done a thing since Sandy Hook. We are being held hostage by the Republican party and the NRA.

why do i live here why do i live here why do i live here
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

It’s got to stop! If we can’t stop Cheeto from re-election I’m so afraid for my country. Because I woke up and it was families in El Paso lying dead on a Walmart floor after a big back to school sale. I went to bed and people at a bar in Dayton all killed in a couple minutes.
    And just weeks ago at that festival in California.

Friday night the police we’re having a stand off in the apartment across the parking lot from me. 5 officers who probably could have unloaded their weapons on the dude but he finally gave up his weapon.

We have to vote him out! And I’m starting to think we can. He says it’s video games. So you need to put on the death certificate “Assasins Creed” and not gun shot. Because you just said it wasn’t because of a gun and then you said something like the gun didn’t pull it’s own trigger....

And I really think my congressman wants to do something but if he does he loses the money he needs. People within the NRA probably want to do something but then the gun manufacturers own them.

I hope the history books list every republican who could have done something but stood by and watched the bloodshed and stopped any legislation, even sensible, very simple laws like keeping convicted domestic abusers from being able to purchase a firearm to allowing the CDC to do more research. And gunshows that can bypass all of that! Things so easy peasy but so difficult for Republicans.

If Biden is the answer to defeating Trump. I’m there to vote for him. And I’ll knock door to door for any opponent to Trey Hollingsworth in my district.
    And I’ll say “Dayton was just 2 hours away.”
    If you think it can’t happen to you and me or happen here.
    Last edited by Volta; 08-06-2019 at 03:43 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    That stupid orange fuckhead has been selectively deleting tweets, especially ones that call latinos coming in "Invasion"s.
    Snopes says he's not deleting Tweets.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...SEbrfz0SD5-qrY
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Snopes says he's not deleting Tweets.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...SEbrfz0SD5-qrY
    It's not loading well for me, but he absolutely deleted something because I saw a couple retweets that were people replying to him and seeing "this tweet is unavailable" where what he originally wrote was. I suppose there could be some other weird twitter bug, but that's always what it is the other times I've seen it.

They're not mass deleting everything, but some things did go *poof* and legally they're not supposed to delete ANYTHING, but hey, what's a law when you're a criminal?