Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1487

Thread: so you want an ak-47: unfs gun control or lack thereof party thread

Quote Originally Posted by SMMY View Post
    2 snipers, 10 officers have been shot and 3 officers are dead. Maybe now that we're losing cops to gun violence, we can finally do something about gun control? Who am I kidding, this is America.
    Don't you know that there is a witch hunt going on?! Come on. Don't tell me that you don't know that dragging Hillary to the water to see if she floats or not is more important than anything else! You silly liberal!
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

More shootings this morning, including three more dead police officers.

In Baton Rouge, LA:
    In a city already tense following a high-profile police shooting of an African-American man, three Baton Rouge police officers were killed and three others wounded Sunday. Officials think the attack on the officers is the work of multiple gunmen.

Police received a call of a "suspicious person walking down with an assault rifle," a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. When police arrived, the shooting began. One of the suspects is dead. Authorities believe two others may be at large.
    In Titusville, FL:
    Two women were fatally shot early Sunday at Titusville's Parrish Medical Center in an apparent random shooting, the Titusville Police Department said.

A gunman shot an elderly patient and a hospital worker in her 40s at about 2 a.m. in a room on the hospital's third floor, Titusville Police Chief John Lau said.

The worker was sitting in the patient's room when she was shot.

Lau said the hospital's unarmed security guards tackled the gunman and pinned him down until police officers arrived.
    And now there is a hostage situation at a Burger King in Baltimore, MD.
    Police said several people, including a 7-year-old boy, are being held against their will after a barricade situation in southwest Baltimore.

Police said officers spotted a rape suspect around 11 a.m. Sunday, and that person fled in a vehicle and collided with another vehicle at Washington and Monroe streets. The person in the other vehicle sustained minor injuries, police said.

Police said the suspect, armed with a gun, ran into a Burger King restaurant in the 1700 block of Washington Boulevard. Police said there are people inside the restaurant.
    The world has officially gone off its fucking rocker.

Cleveland just asked that open carry be suspended while the RNC is going. Rightly so! I can't imagine being a police officer with those idiots around.

fluid, affectionate, chaste, mature Carbuncle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    Cleveland just asked that open carry be suspended while the RNC is going. Rightly so! I can't imagine being a police officer with those idiots around.
    i've said this before elsewhere, but GEE WHAT A SURPRISE, police want gun control!!

“We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something — I don’t care if it’s constitutional or not at this point,” Cleveland Police Union president Stephen Loomis told CNN.
    Damn straight.

Governor Kasich, through a spokesperson, rejected the request from the Cleveland police. "Ohio Governors do not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state law as suggested," his spokesperson said.
    And he declines. eta: In all honesty though, I can't imagine how legitimately freaked out and anxiety-ridden the law enforcement must be right now over there. I am so sorry their safety is a disposable commodity caught in the middle of this political farce.
    Last edited by Carbuncle; 07-17-2016 at 09:40 PM.

"A source told Reuters that there is reason to believe the suspect called 911 to lure police to the scene of the crime"

Horrifying.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    A conservative relative nearly lost his shit yesterday upon hearing about Baton Rouge, grumbling about how the people in authority need to "do something." I bit my tongue but... do what? Enact stricter gun control? Stop killing and/or arresting black people? Calm the situation?

I think he was implying more 60s-style fucking hoses and dogs to keep "them" in line.

It's amazing how random acts of violence don't count until it's the police under attack. Then it's something that needs to be addressed and not in a way that keeps white folks from guns or solves anything. (Which is why I bit my tongue. Some people are so divorced from rational thought that arguing with them is worse than disciplining a toddler.)

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Some people are so divorced from rational thought that arguing with them is worse than disciplining a toddler.
    This. We are surrounded by screaming toddlers-in-adult-bodies who refuse to exercise logic or rationality. Not only that, but they actually view logic, rationality, and facts as BAD and ELITIST. There is no engaging with that.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    "A source told Reuters that there is reason to believe the suspect called 911 to lure police to the scene of the crime"

Horrifying.

Jesus christ. We cant go any lower than this.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^You're much more optimistic than I am.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Friend of mine has recently taken an interest in collecting older double barrel shotguns. He went to a gun show in Denver a couple weeks ago and described it as "frightening." His words: "It's all assault weapons and fat old white guys lamenting not being in the corps and showering with the guys. They all have some anti Hillary or 'Black Guns Matter' tee shirts. There are a lot of scared people buying personal defense weapons."

The second amendment is being exploited by a bunch of xenophobic, disaffected, wannabe morons. And it is so dangerous, so wrong, and so sad.

Some of them are openly yearning for a race war. Trufax. It's chilling.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Didn't know exactly where to put this bit of news, but another "The gays deserved it" pastor crashes, charged with molesting a male church member.

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/08/ken-adkins/
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    Guns. Fuck them they scare me. Just read on the news that while I was ironing a shirt and enjoyin some espressoes last morning at 6:28, several gunshots were fired at cars and houses in the street below my balcony, no more than 50 metres away (I can't recall ever hearing a thing). Before going off to work I even took out the trash to that very street at 6:50 or so . Who, why, what, they seem to be at a loss to figure it out. Where do I live, the Wild West? That street is for raising children, taking out the trash, and housing drunk German tourists in a shabby hotel. Leave it alone.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I guess this can be included now since someone died.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-shot-s...ry?id=42499014
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life