Page 1 of 266 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiona Apple

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar

Fiona Apple

I think we need to start a campaign titled 'Free Music from Fiona Apple's Mind'. New record, now!

What do we have--a three year gap and a six year gap between albums? I hope this doesn't portend a nine year wait this time around! LOL

It can't. I won't survive

This thread reminded me that I forgot to listen to the full version of that song she did written by those students. "So Sleepy" or something? I need to find that.

I actually just popped in "When the Pawn..." this week and it's hands down my favorite record by anyone ever. I miss Fiona Apple!

*EDIT*

Last edited by Mike_P; 06-19-2010 at 02:05 PM.

When the pawn is a masterpiece, everything on it holds perfectly, both the rawness, the lightness and the sensitive side.

I Know is one of the few songs in existence that can make me burst uncontrollably into tears. Every damn time.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Love Ridden is my favorite song from WTP. Amazing record, amazing song.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't know what my favorite song is. Probably Never is a Promise, Criminal, or Across The Universe. Sometimes when I'm mad I like Limp best.

Does she have any intentions of doing more music? I thought I read years ago that she wasn't going to, but then Extraordinary Machine came out.

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar

Oh, Fiona. I still can't believe how young she was when she wrote Tidal and When The Pawn.

I truly hope she doesn't give up making (her own) new music for good. I don't mind this long absence if there's something coming down the line. I appreciate that she seems to only write and make music when she feels like she has something to say rather than releasing a new album every two years just to keep with a schedule. Hopefully she'll have something to say soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_P View Post
    *EDIT*

I have handed out too much reputation today, but thank you for posting that. I love it. Do you know when she recorded it? What's the story with it being written by kids?

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairn View Post
    I have handed out too much reputation today, but thank you for posting that. I love it. Do you know when she recorded it? What's the story with it being written by kids?
    Here is a little bit of info.

I am so happy to see she is still working with Jon Brion. I am pretty sure they have been working on something amazing since they did EM.
    Miss you, Fiona!

Thanks, Stone.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    They played "Shadowboxer" on BBC Wimbledon coverage today. Good taste!

It was odd because today was my first time listening to Fiona in a while. I listened to When the Pawn again this morning and I had almost forgotten how good it is.

This is a really good Fiona cover.

Sean O'Reilly - I Know

Quote Originally Posted by tornado View Post
    This is a really good Fiona cover.

Sean O'Reilly - I Know
    OMG I've just fallen in love. He sounds quite similar to Rufus Wainwright (better than him, actually), though. And he moves like Tori from time to time He's lovely anyway.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."