Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4005

Thread: Fiona Apple

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    So I was just watching this video of her set from the Ohana Festival and at 21:39 before she plays the song Tipple she's been playing live for a couple years now she says "here comes another one that's gonna be on the new album..."!

OOOh, good catch. I wonder what kind of timescale we're looking at? 5 years? 10?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLab View Post
    OOOh, good catch. I wonder what kind of timescale we're looking at? 5 years? 10?
    My serious guess is fourth quarter of 2019.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Some new performances from her appearances on A Prarie Home Companion:

Ain't That A Shame

Fast As You Can

Every Single Night

Werewolf

^ thank you for posting, i hadn't heard about this! it seems like a great sign that she's out there performing so much lately, in terms of hoping for a new album.

she sounds amazing...love the cover of Ain't That a Shame.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    I would so love it if Fiona did an album of country blues covers.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    ^ thank you for posting, i hadn't heard about this! it seems like a great sign that she's out there performing so much lately, in terms of hoping for a new album.

she sounds amazing...love the cover of Ain't That a Shame.
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up for 2018, but I think 2019 is entirely realistic for a new album. I need new Fiona!

Im predicting spring 2018 for new album. She talked about her new album at Ohana, has done a few shows (to get herself ready IMO). Her tumblr posts have clues (her writing, a calendar of events). That lil hayes guy keeps posting updates with her (pretty sure he has directed videos in the past). His one of Fiona dueting with his mom as sunny and cher says something like day 28,and makes me think about how she has "wig days" when she records in studios. Idk, maybe jumping the gun, but I think we are going to get something sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterSerpents View Post
    Her tumblr posts have clues (her writing, a calendar of events).
    What's her Tumblr address?

Quote Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
    I would so love it if Fiona did an album of country blues covers.
    me too, her voice is perfect for them
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

i was listening to Pitchfork's top 100 songs playlist and this song came on and made me sit up in my chair with how much it sounds like Fiona. do you guys hear it? it's pretty nuts. great song too.

^ sounds sooo much like Fiona! I'll try their music because I miss her music. The Idler Wheel came out in 2011, hope that there's a new album soon
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

That song was definitely not my cup of tea. As a Puerto Rican who was born on the island and lived there for 30 years until just months ago, it strikes me as too pompous, schmaltzy and self-pitying. I do like that the lyrics touch on how some people push you to leave the island while others criticize you for it. And you're right: it's crazy how much the singer sounds like Fiona Apple! Coincidentally, today I had Fiona's cover of "Why Try to Change Me Now" stuck in my head at work. I was loading trucks at FedEx, and briefly spoke in Spanish with another Puerto Rican. One of the drivers overheard and she gave me shit for it. It's the first time that sort of thing has ever happened to me.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Every time this thread gets bumped I am like WHEN IS THE NEW ALBUM COMING OUT!!?????