Page 2 of 267 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiona Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Love Ridden is my favorite song from WTP. Amazing record, amazing song.
    It's my favorite as well. I play it on my birthday every year.

Love Ridden is about my 9th favorite song on WTP, and it's still so good. That album is epic.

I honestly can't even rank WTP. At one point, every song on that record has been my favorite. Currently, it's "Get Gone."

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_P View Post
    I honestly can't even rank WTP. At one point, every song on that record has been my favorite.
    THIS.

my favorite today is "i know". it's that part at the end, "and if it gets too late, for me to wait, for you to find you love me and tell me so. it's okay, you don't need to say it.." and the music stops, then the softly brushed drums lead the way back in. you're just repeating in your head, "i'll know, i'll know". it's that sad resign that you know she's feeling, even though she doesn't finish the phrase. truly heartbreaking.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

The top top spot for me is either I Know or Fast As You Can. Paper Bag, Get Gone and The Way Things Are are right behind. A Mistake is the only track that I feel any ambivalence toward.

I feel like I'm the only one who finds "A Mistake" to be a standout track. She did a really awesome version of that song with Nickel Creek when they toured together.

I'm still so bummed I haven't seen her in concert yet. I hope she tours again soon. And releases something new to support the tour...

Oh man everything sounded good on the Nickel Creek tour. As I've mentioned, two of my three top acts are Nickel Creek and Fiona Apple, so them touring together was random and amazing. The collaborative spirit on that tour (as opposed to the traditional opening act schtick) epitomizes how music should be done.

I feel like I'm the only one who finds "A Mistake" to be a standout track. She did a really awesome version of that song with Nickel Creek when they toured together.
    You are not alone. It's a fantastic song and that's a fun version.

Just was on a Fiona kick for the last couple days. I can't seem to get Parting Gift out of my head. "Oh you silly stupid, past time of mine....the sign said stop, but we went on whole-hearted, it ended bad, but I love what we started..."
    Oh Fiona....
    I always liked a good storm.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    I honestly can't even rank WTP. At one point, every song on that record has been my favorite. Currently, it's "Get Gone."
    Get Gone...always and always.
    I can't rank the rest, though.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    i have to admit, i can't subscribe to this thread because everytime i see a new post i'm hoping it's some sort of new album news.

i have a DVD with nickel creek and i was absolutely thrilled watching it. great new arragements. she definitely needs to record with them

mmm thinking about it, anyone wants me to torrent it? all the info in here: http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=389855

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    ^ you wouldn't happen to have just the audio of it would you?

or does anyone else have any boots from that tour? i don't have any, but i do have a few other older shows i could share, like her 2007 Largo benefit show, NPR World Cafe from 2006, and Bumbershoot from 2001 (with Jon Brion and Matt Chamberlain).

i could rip audio from it, but i guess it's not the same thing as getting it in FLAC directly from master (i dunno if such version exists)

I'd love to get an audio bootleg from the Nickel Creek shows if anyone has that, and I'm also looking for any 2005 show. I have part of the LA show, but not the full set. I can trade the couple shows i have (Boston 1997, Osaka Japan 2000, LA 2007) in exchange, although they're in mp3 format, not FLAC.

Brambles, what's the setlist for the Bumbershoot show?