Page 259 of 265 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 3961

Thread: Fiona Apple

My VMP order just arrived!

I'm listening right now. The booklet and packaging are gorgeous - and the sound so far is perfection. They really made this one worth the money.

"But he washed me ashore and he took my pearl / And left an empty shell of me"

Fuck me she's brilliant. I maybe didn't realize Matt played drums on Tidal; I thought he was only on WtP, but to be fair I didn't know who he was when Tidal came out. I probably haven't even looked at the booklet in 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I am drooling over the When the Pawn with the red layer of butter paper (if that's what it's called in English) like the original pressing of the CD (with the picture of her face right behind it, as opposed to the latter pressings with the whole cover in one image).
    I had no idea the red paper layer was only used in the original pressing! That's interesting. For those who own the WTP CD, remember the pic on the back of the booklet of Fiona in the studio? She has a book on her lap. I borrowed the album from the public library where I often spent time browsing the biography and entertainment aisles. The book cover looks very similar to an autobiography by pianist Oscar Levant called "The Memoirs of an Amnesiac." He acted in a few films, including An American in Paris for MGM.

My copy arrived today! (the USABox does work, btw)

I'm listening"Criminal", and for the first time I'm paying attention to the bass (don't know why I ignored it all this time). That bass is SEX.
    Please, do yourself a favor and play this very loud. "Slow like honey" sounds like she's singing right next to you. This is awesome.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

^ I was also going to say that Slow Like Honey (probably my least favorite Fiona track, though that's not much of an indictment) sounded stunning. I found myself totally mesmerized by her voice on that one.

Last edited by SweetSaliva; 05-18-2017 at 12:10 AM.

^ Is this Fiona-related?

I don't know how true is this, but apparently When The Pawn on vinyl will be available next month on the Vinyl Me Please store. That's what they're saying on the VMP forum. And there's people of the VMP staff there, so it might be true.

Argh I've read rumors about more Fiona in the VMP store for the past couple months. Hopefully this is it!

Every time this thread is boosted, I hope it's news about a new album! Dude, I should know better!

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^Same.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

So if I'm understanding correctly, VMP adds exclusive albums every month other than the "vinyl of the month" and it's possible When The Pawn won't be the AotM. If that's the case, am I correct that I'll need to register to get the AotM (even if it's something I don't want) in order to access the store to buy When The Pawn?

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    I deactivated my account after I received my Tidal. Will I have to pay again to access the store or is there another way to access the store/restore the membership without paying $90 or whatever they're charging for the 3 months..?

Even if it's not the AotM, if it's in the store, yes, you'll have to pay the membership. The thing is that in the store, there are two kind of records: the regular ones that can be found on any store at more or less the same price (I ordered Carrie And Lovell at 11 bucks, for instance), but there are other record that are member exclusive and are not being sold anywhere else (new Haim's album in yellow vinyl, for instance). But in the three cases (AotM, the regular ones and the member exclusive ones) you have to be a member of VMP.

I hadn't listened to this song in quite some time, but good grief this 17 year old was quite a wordsmith!