Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TomKat SPLIT!

Exclamation TomKat SPLIT!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/29/tom-cr...olmes-divorce/

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting DIVORCED ... after 5 years of marriage.

Katie's attorney, Jonathan Wolfe released a statement saying, "This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family."

Wolfe adds, "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

It's unclear if divorce papers have been filed with the court.

We're told Tom and Katie have a prenup. The net worth of both Tom and Katie is around $275 mil, but clearly Tom raked in most of that.

The last time Tom and Katie were seen together in public was back in February. She did not attend any of the "Rock of Ages" premieres.

Tom and Katie have one child together, Suri, who is 6-years-old.

49-year-old Tom has 2 children from his previous marriage to Nicole Kidman. He was also married to actress Mimi Rogers from 1987 to 1990.

Cruise and 33-year-old Holmes were married in November 2006 in a lavish ceremony held at an Italian castle.

Tom has been spotted in Iceland this week where he's been shooting a movie called "Oblivion."

Katie and Suri have been spotted in NYC all week.

Ugh you're too quick!

Wow. Well, here's hoping we get Katie Holms back now.

This has been rumoured for a while! Oh god, I'd love the hear her spill the dirt on him. I bet it won't happen because of Suri though.

I'm blaming Angelina Jolie! (Sorry, but she seems to be the first one National Enquirer blames whenever anybody in Hollywood splits up )

I would just like to use this opportunity to say:

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    A friend of mine from my last job was a celebrity assistant, and he told me that it was pretty common knowledge that this was a 5 year, multi million dollar contract, provided she was willing to have a child. I was like "oh come on". Apparently, Jessica Alba was approached as well (that's how he found out, from her talking to his boss).

But...lo and behold...its the 5 year mark...hmmm...

Kari, I can totally believe it. It's been rumoured from the start, hasn't it? What must be going on it someone's head to ever find that kind of thing (whore self out, plop out child) an attractive proposition is beyond me. Holmes must have been utterly fucked in the head from the start if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    A friend of mine from my last job was a celebrity assistant, and he told me that it was pretty common knowledge that this was a 5 year, multi million dollar contract, provided she was willing to have a child. I was like "oh come on". Apparently, Jessica Alba was approached as well (that's how he found out, from her talking to his boss).

That is extremely interesting and telling.

Well, her career was going absolutely nowhere. Apparently, his top choices were young ladies who's careers had sort of stalled or weren't quite A-List recognition yet. Apparently, he approached Alba, Scarlet Johansson, Eliza Dushku and a few others. the other rumors that are less substantiated include that he keeps an apartment in NYC for marginally legal rent boys, has HIV, and gets plastic surgery done in Brazil that isn't legal here yet.

The contract thing is pretty legit, though, considering that their "courtship" lasted all of five seconds. Also, if you knew who my friend worked for, you'd imagine it was the sort of place you could hear LOTS of gossip!

OH and also that the kid is not his, but rather his cousin William Mapother (who was on LOST).

Well, her career was going absolutely nowhere. Apparently, his top choices were young ladies who's careers had sort of stalled or weren't quite A-List recognition yet. Apparently, he approached Alba, Scarlet Johansson, Eliza Dushku and a few others. the other rumors that are less substantiated include that he keeps an apartment in NYC for marginally legal rent boys, has HIV, and gets plastic surgery done in Brazil that isn't legal here yet.
    I remember hearing about SJ! Not Dushku though. Hah, it's Dollhouse for real! Anyway, how fucking predatory and awful. You'd think the answer to 'career' going nowhere' would be 'go back to college' or something, not 'marry rumoured gay scary cult member and produce child for contractual reasons'.

The contract thing is pretty legit, though, considering that their "courtship" lasted all of five seconds. Also, if you knew who my friend worked for, you'd imagine it was the sort of place you could hear LOTS of gossip!
    Who, who? I want to know!

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Yeah, i remember hearing something about him conducting interviews for the contract marriage.

She will never spill any fun deets though, cos she signed her life away and he could sue her til kingdom come. She'll likely turn out just like Nicole Kidman and passive aggressively name her new kid a name to spite Scientology. But never say anything else.
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

It's so strange that people in this day and time have to live a lie like that, only to maintain their image and careers in Hollywood. I would like to know what the general world's population believe is Tom's sexual orientation.

I guess Nicole survived but I have this OTT irrational fear that in trying to back away from this mess Katie'll end up being driven off a cliff by the ghost of L. Ron.