Page 121 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2582

Thread: Guess Who Died? (The Dead Celebrities Thread)

Ah, she was my favorite.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Famed 'A Beautiful Mind' Mathematician John Nash and his wife, Alicia Nash, in a taxi crash.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss...olice_say.html

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Anne Meara

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actress and comedian Anne Meara, whose comic work with husband Jerry Stiller helped launch a 60-year career in film and TV, has died. She was 85.

Jerry Stiller and son Ben Stiller say Meara died Saturday. No other details were provided.
    The family statement said: "Anne's memory lives on in the hearts of daughter Amy, son Ben, her grandchildren, her extended family and friends, and the millions she entertained as an actress, writer and comedienne."

Aw. She had such a great quality for comedy -- timing, attitude, etc. Well, she had a good long life -- long, loving marriage, good career, successful kids, etc.

That thing about Nash and his wife is sad too. I hope they died quickly before they could feel any pain. And they had good, long lives too. I'm sure some would find it romantic that they died together. I have no opinion on that.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    There is nothing romantic about dying in a horrific car accident just because you are past the age at which society has deemed you have worth.

That was just a thought that occurred to me, that some people might say that.

Barack Hussein Obama

There's a good piece in The Guardian on Nash's huge leaps and why he was so lauded by the mathematics community.

John Nash's unique approach produced huge leaps in economics and maths.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    There is nothing romantic about dying in a horrific car accident just because you are past the age at which society has deemed you have worth.
    yup.

Tanith Lee, British SF and fantasy writer. Such a shame, I only read a fraction of her published works but generally loved and re-read everything of hers I got my hands on.

http://scifibulletin.com/2015/05/26/rip-tanith-lee/

Joe Biden's son, Beau, has passed away from brain cancer.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...in-cancer.html

Lots of right-wing bullshit on comment threads about his death. I don't like it when either side does that.

Anyway, how sad. The Biden family has endured a large amount of tragedy. He was just 46, and brain cancer is rough. RIP, Beau. Thank you for your service to our country.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Lots of right-wing bullshit on comment threads about his death. I don't like it when either side does that.

Anyway, how sad. The Biden family has endured a large amount of tragedy. He was just 46, and brain cancer is rough. RIP, Beau. Thank you for your service to our country.
    I don't know why I did it, but I decided to descend into the fever swamps at FreeRepublic out of morbid curiosity. Now to be fair, most of the comments were respectful. But a sizeable number had already been removed by the moderator and I came across one post that began with the line:

"In 2008 AD in the year of our Lord, Lawrence Sinclair came forward with the revelations of Barack Hussein Obama as an adulterous gay male in Chicago who performed the job of Chicago hostess to visiting males in having sex with them, providing the visitor paid for drinks, dope and paying for a hotel room." It then argued that Beau had been involved in the cover-up.

So, yeah. Anyway.... It's very sad news. As you mention, it's not the first time the Biden family has suffered tragedy - Joe's first wife and infant daughter were killed in a car accident in 1972.

Yeah, I've been reading that bullshit, too. For those who don't know, Larry Sinclair is a grifter (complete with long criminal record) who claims that he and Obama did coke and had sex in a limousine in 1999. He's written a book and shopped his story around with the support of a lot of right-wing fringe types. They're his marks. I guess Beau Biden had him arrested on outstanding warrants at some point in his odyssey, so of course he was a part of The Big Conspiracy of Whatever.

Anyway, in the context of this tragic death, it sucks that this slime needs to ooze around. But hey, no one said life is fair. Dying at 46 sure as shit ain't fair. You just have to take a deep breath and move forward. The Bidens seem like a great family, so I think they'll get through this.

Barack Hussein Obama