Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2426

Thread: Guess Who Died? (The Dead Celebrities Thread)

Chris Cornell committed suicide, the coroner has now determined. I just don't understand....you play a concert and then you just go and hang yourself?

Without trying to call your wife or friends, anyone? Wonder what the reason was...TMZ is saying his wife insists he wasn't depressed.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Was doing a little listening party and I forgot how great this song is.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I've had Seasons on repeat all morning. There's a bunch of live versions on youtube too, which are all great.

(I was flicking through a bunch of songs last night and Pretty Noose came on and I couldn't press 'next' fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by fullofwish View Post
    I've had Seasons on repeat all morning. There's a bunch of live versions on youtube too, which are all great.
    As soon as I got to twitter I saw you had retweeted its lyrics and I was literally singing the same words as the tweet scrolled up. It was a little like "wait, what? Is she in my head?"

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Well, since we're sharing songs I'll post one of my faves.

It features Jerry Cantrell, Layne Stanley and Mark Arm. So bittersweet to listen to this song again. It's been like 15 years since Layne died, but everytime I hear his voice it hurts me. And now Chris... fuck.

I've read a lot of scathing Ailes commentary, but this one touched me.

His channel turned them into incoherent rage machines with no grasp of reality, no ability to listen to opposing views, and no empathy.

The propaganda they have consumed non-stop for the last 20 years has made them abandon any admirable guiding principles they had.

They have forgotten all of the ways that they personally have been dependent on a government providing for the common good.

They are completely unable to grasp how the GOP caused the debt they are so angry about. And exacerbated the terror and crime they fear.

They have lived their entire lives in safety and unfettered privilege, but they are terrified of absolutely everything and everyone.

Their answer to my fear of Trump's presidency and my exasperation with their incongruent, illogical, and hateful rhetoric ...

... is that we should just stick to talking about sports. Because then we'd all get along just fine.

As if we don't have a narcissistic, petulant, idiot child in charge of nuclear weapons, undoing decades of diplomacy with each tweet.

... and their party isn't dismantling the safety net that made their comfortable, safe, middle-class lives possible ...

... and they haven't changed from the people I admired into people I hope never to have to share a room with ever again.

So Roger .... fuck you. Fuck everyone who loved you. Fuck your channel. Fuck your party. I want my fucking parents back.
    It's not just that his network was partisan and fake, but taught its watchers to follow it blindly, to not seek other sources, to shout down ignorantly every piece of evidence that counters anything opinion they form. It's like a cult. It's not about disagreeing with people, but it's about taking sides. They think we're about sides and are as shady and deceptive as FOX all the time, and while mainstream media and liberals make mistakes, it's generally not on purpose to suit an agenda. Our side is generally truth, but they're so used to being sold that everything else sounds like another sales pitch. My facts can't compete with their opinions and FOX news brought out the worst in everyone. Trump is a symptom of that and I don't know how we can recover.

Sir Roger Moore

Saw him on a chat show once when he told a story about how he had quit smoking cigarettes because he got sick one day and was spitting up blood. Not sure if it was lung cancer or not, but I'm glad he had many more years to enjoy his success.

From CNN Entertainment: "The dapper actor had the longest run as 007. In a 2014 interview, he told NPR he thought his version of the spy who never met a foe he couldn't conquer or a woman he couldn't seduce, was the most humorous.

'I look like a comedic lover, and Sean [Connery] in particular, and Daniel Craig now, they are killers,' Moore said. 'They look like killers. I wouldn't like to meet Daniel Craig on a dark night if I'd said anything bad about him.'"

Very sad about this. I've always loved the Bond films. His especially.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Per Mediaite:

Zbigniew Brzezinski, a former U.S. National Security Advisor and father to MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski, has died at age 89.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

It's a wonder he made it this long and many of you may not be familiar with his influence on rock and popular music. It was probably even more than I know.

Gregg Allman.

John Noakes.

I don't know if he's known in the US but he was a pretty big part of a lot of peoples' childhoods here.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."