Page 166 of 172 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2566

Thread: Guess Who Died? (The Dead Celebrities Thread)

That's a shame. I've always loved M*A*S*H.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

^ This is really sad. What an amazing man. I didn't know he how old he was, obviously it's amazing that he lived, and thrived. A true giant among men.

So sad today to wake up to a notification with this news.

Love this photo of him weightless.

TV host and comedian Jim Bowen at 80 today as well. Is he known in the US? Can't say I was a big fan in all honesty but he seemed like a pretty genuine guy and was a household name when I was a kid.
    Last edited by beanstew; 03-14-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Kak Channthy, Cambodian Space Project frontwoman, killed in crash at 38

This is very upsetting. I've seen CSP quite a few times. They were always such fun gigs and she was a wonderful, warm and engaging frontwoman.

One of the guys who taught me, early on, how good films could be. RIP, good sir.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    R. Lee Ermey at 74.

And Barbara Bush (HW's wife, not W's daughter) is in end of life care.

It’s interesting. The people saying the nastiest things about Barbara Bush are not lefties, but rather alt-righties. One idjit posted, “Jeb is too low energy to pull the plug.” I posted that she was in hospice care, not a fucking coma.

Ermey was a good actor. Of course, he was great in Full Metal Jacket (still my favorite war film), but I really liked him playing a despicable scuzzball on Law and Order SVU. RIP.

ETA: If you want to see a very sweet remembrance of Milos Forman, check out Courtney Love’s Instagram page. She was in two of his movies (The People vs. Larry Flynt and Man in the Moon), and she sorta thought of him as the father she never had.

Barack Hussein Obama

Harry Anderson.

Night Court was one of the first grown-up shows I watched. I didn't get it, but it was funny to child-me, and Harry's warmth was a huge part of that.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Carl Kasell - longtime news anchor on NPR and judge/scorekeeper on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. I'm a pretty big NPR junkie and this makes me really sad. I knew he wasn't doing well with Alzheimer's but still surprised to see this. He was such a legend with a surprising sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    Carl Kasell - longtime news anchor on NPR and judge/scorekeeper on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. I'm a pretty big NPR junkie and this makes me really sad. I knew he wasn't doing well with Alzheimer's but still surprised to see this. He was such a legend with a surprising sense of humor.
    Oh no. I knew he was really bad too, but not that bad.

Reading all the tributes to Harry Anderson made me cry last night. Sometimes when an actor dies, the statements seem very much the same. Every one I read about him made the person seem genuinely gutted. It says to me that he must have really be a great person to be around to make everyone so sad at the lost of the *person*, not just the talent.

Barbara Bush died.

Barack Hussein Obama