Page 167 of 173 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2583

Thread: Guess Who Died? (The Dead Celebrities Thread)

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

The reaction to CK's death is similar to Anderson's. Lots of people very sad, all saying the same words, sharing funny stories.

Not to politicize things or denigrate Bush, but while I'm seeing a lot of RIP and comments, I'm not seeing the same kind of personal sadness. Maybe that's the difference between the kind of famous people they were or something, but it makes me saddest when other people are clearly very sad too, and CK and HA are making people very sad.

Maybe because Barbara Bush was 92? She got to live a full, rich life. I don’t know about the other guy, but Anderson was only 65. Plus, he was working right up to the end, so that indicates it was unexpected.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Avicii.
    He was 28.
    Damn, he was so young.

https://pitchfork.com/news/avicii-dead-at-28/
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Avicii's loss is such a shock. It's a terrible shame to see anyone gone so young. Apparently, he was dealing with an unspecified health problem for some time. RIP.
    Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 08-24-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Verne Troyer, aka Mini-Me from Austin Powers, passed away at 49. Apparently he was suicidal and drunk recently and was taken to the hospital, potentially for alcohol poisoning. He’d been on some kind of life support since earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    Avicii's loss is such a shock. It's a terrible shame to see anyone gone so young. Apparently, he was dealing with an unspecified health problem for some time. RIP.
    I think I read that he was a heavy drinker and his death was tied to symptoms from that. :/

He's not dead, but there are a lot of stories today about McCain's funeral. How Trump is not invited, how W and Obama will give eulogies. I wonder if he's worse off than is generally thought (I personally think he is, even if I don't know if I think he's at death's door) or if he is doing some kind of signalling to Trump and the party. Like is it politics or principles? He still voted for Trump's agenda way more than he should have given his propensity to pretend to be a maverick, but he didn't fall in lock step either. A D- is technically a passing grade while still being terrible.

Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit

That's so tragic and awful.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 08-13-2018 at 12:42 AM.

Unhappy

Tom Wolfe, Best-Selling Author And Genre-Breaking Journalist, Dies At 87

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/15/47141...ist-dies-at-87

In a career that spanned more than half a century, Tom Wolfe wrote fiction and non-fiction bestsellers including The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and Bonfire of the Vanities. Along the way, he created a new type of journalism and coined phrases that became part of the American lexicon. Wolfe died Monday in Manhattan. He was 87.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Kate Spade. Suicide.

Not really a celebrity, but I thought this could go here.

Oh no. I watch his shows, I read his books. He was a total fucking asshole, but he was *our* asshole.

He had a small child too.