Page 70 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2666

Thread: Guess Who Died? (The Dead Celebrities Thread)

I just heard this morning... I am so sad right now. I'm torn between listening to his music and being sad... or just sitting here and thinking about his music and being sad.

Oh man. At least he and George Harrison can make beautiful music together again.
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

As a friend of mine said, his legacy lives on in his daughter Anoushka. "One only has to see her conducting a Western group with her left hand in 4/4 while also conducting an Indian group with her right hand in a 9 1/2 tala during the Concert for George to realize some of the depth of Anoushka's unique gift."

Not a big sitar fan myself, I'd rather listen to his other daughter, Norah Jones. RIP Ravi!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    As a friend of mine said, his legacy lives on in his daughter Anoushka. "One only has to see her conducting a Western group with her left hand in 4/4 while also conducting an Indian group with her right hand in a 9 1/2 tala during the Concert for George to realize some of the depth of Anoushka's unique gift."
    Anoushka is a VERY talented young woman! I loved watching her direct the group during the "Concert for George" And she is also a very accomplished sitar player. Although, I don't know if anyone will be able to fill Ravi's shoes.

I saw Ravi at "concert for george" and although he didn't perform (he introduced Anoushka and sat on stage with Olivia Harrison for all of Anoushka's performance) i still feel lucky to have been in his presence, he had such an aura about him.. very sad loss

Jack Klugman died yesterday, aged 90.

Oscar & Felix, together again *hums title theme*

Gerry Anderson

Awww. I loved Thunderbirds.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    Gerry Anderson

Awww. I loved Thunderbirds.

Endless repeats of old Anderson shows gave me some of the best TV memories of my childhood, and of course gave me the image of a certain Space Lieutennant Gay Ellis (IT'S AN ANTI-LUNAR RADIATION WIG), my secret Doll Posse identity since signing up for @forums in 2007.

And what a way to go:

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...bSK06OTMH4</a>

*salutes and wipes a tear*

Japanese filmmaker Nagisa Oshima. He has directed several acclaimed films including the erotically violent Realm of the Senses and especially Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence starring David Bowie.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    In the Realm of the Senses is a complete mindfuck. In the best sense of the word.

Rest in peace, good sir.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Conrad Bain

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/20...abby-obit.html

Pauline Friedman Phillips, who under the name of Abigail Van Buren wrote the long-running Dear Abby advice column that was followed by millions of newspaper readers throughout the world, has died. She was 94.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    I remember him! He was the director of Death Wish. I used to think when I saw his name that the film had won an award called the Michael.

Sounds like he had an interesting life. Rest in peace, sir.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?