Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1472

Thread: Tori Amos Confessions: Unforumzed Edition

Little Earthquakes, ChoirGirl and Posse.

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post
    ADP doesn't even belong in the same sentence as those albums. You rank ADP higher than Pele, Pink, Venus & Scatlet?
    ~just an underwater thing~

Scatlet lol

ADP? Are you trolling me?
    My face screams without an emotion

Already tried to give an explanation here: http://unforumzed.com/showthread.php...ank-2017/page5
    Not a single bad song on ADP in my opinion :P

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Domandapiano View Post
    Scatlet lol
    Scatlet's Run more like it

Not a single bad song on ADP in my opinion :P
    Mr. Bad Man, Yaw Can Brang Yaw Dawg and Posse Bonus are career low points. Whilst the remaining songs are well written, the whole album got butchered in the studio. Even Matty commented on how there was so much post-production, he barely recognised the songs when he heard the finished record.

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    Mr. Bad Man, Yaw Can Brang Yaw Dawg and Posse Bonus are career low points. Whilst the remaining songs are well written, the whole album got butchered in the studio. Even Matty commented on how there was so much post-production, he barely recognised the songs when he heard the finished record.
    You may think that, Mat may think that, even Tori might think that herself. I'm not concerned with that. I still enjoy those tracks more than a China, Pandora or Amber Waves.

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    Even Matty commented on how there was so much post-production, he barely recognised the songs when he heard the finished record.
    I thought he said that about TBK?

I agree that Mr. Bad Man is one of the worst songs ever, but ADP really is a mostly good album, I think. *hides*

That said, it's not in my top 5 Tori albums. But we all have different tastes.
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

Somewhere in ADP is a great album ruined by bad studio choices, which is more than I can say for AATS.

I dream of an ADP more in line with some of the radio show performances or the MSN/AOL sessions of that era where Tori had the long, straight hair with a 60s vibe going on and she performed stripped down versions of the songs. Even with just the piano, the rock mood she was going for came through in the compositions themselves rather than the dry production that got slathered on top of them. THAT would have been a fabulous album.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrus658 View Post
    Somewhere in ADP is a great album ruined by bad studio choices, which is more than I can say for AATS.

I dream of an ADP more in line with some of the radio show performances or the MSN/AOL sessions of that era where Tori had the long, straight hair with a 60s vibe going on and she performed stripped down versions of the songs. Even with just the piano, the rock mood she was going for came through in the compositions themselves rather than the dry production that got slathered on top of them. THAT would have been a fabulous album.
    Yes, yes, YES!!

The songs on ADP are, for the most part, very good songs. Just butchered in the studio. Those radio performances we got of the solo songs before the album came out were so damn good but the album itself was rather disappointing. Still, I love that she plays them solo on tour.

As for American Doll Posse, I really can't get past what it is. Usually I can hear a song sparkle behind a terrible production choice, but it is so hard for me to do that with the ones from that album. When she plays "Roosterspur Bridge" live, for instance, it always sounds like a rare advance CD b-side to me because there is no way in hell I'd assume it would be from the album we're talking about. It makes my heart bleed almost because most of the songs are good on this one, but it's just a complete failure as a whole. It is so terrible I have no words. (And I haven't even begin talking about the so-called "art-work")

The production of ADP is pretty terrible, but I have such a soft spot for that album. It also contains an absolute treasure trove of gems:
    - Bouncing off Clouds
    - Body and Soul
    - Code Red
    - Roosterspur Bridge
    - Beauty of Speed
    - Almost Rosey
    - Smokey Joe
    - Dragon

For me that's a higher hit rate than anything else between SW AND NI.

How can you not consider Fat Slut a masterpiece?

It's such a shame that the production is so bad because ADP could have been one of her best albums (with some editing too).