Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I tell you, Ariana Grande done got Mariah frazzled. She went a couple of decades never having anyone coming at her and her aesthetic. Every radio interview is "What do you think of Ariana being the new you?"
    One time she said, "I am the new Mariah." lolz.

Infinitely tragic. That music actually made my head hurt.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Well, I don't think it's that bad, but yes, it's a throwaway song. Nothing special. The 'whistle' note is totally weird.

I listened to the iTunes preview and then decided I'd rather go listen to We Belong Together. :/

Quote Originally Posted by betterthanfine View Post
    Well, I don't think it's that bad, but yes, it's a throwaway song. Nothing special. The 'whistle' note is totally weird.
    Word.

I wonder what she heard that note and decided to keep it? Definitely NOT what I'm hearing!
    Overall, it's a throwaway song. Paint-by-numbers but even then something's wrong with the paint she used.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/08/ar...egas.html?_r=0

This is a week old now, but it's the New York Times review of her Vegas show. It's brutal.

I don't want to denounce the article. It might be true for every show.. But I have friends who went and said it was the most amazing show, but they'd never seen her live before this. She has performed so very rarely at a live show throughout her career.
    I can't remember much touring even in the early days.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

She unexpectedly cancelled tonight's show due to "bronchitis."

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/13/mariah...tis-las-vegas/

I listened to some of the recordings from Caesar's Palace on YouTube and while they're not all terrible, a lot of it certainly didn't sound great. She's still trying to sing like Mariah from 1995 and that's not going to happen 20 years later.

Things never seem to go right for Mariah these days.

But you know what.. I don't think she's even aware. It's a kind of blissful ignorance. I guess she had to acquire it to keep her sanity.

If you can survive the nuclear bomb that was Glitter.. I guess you can just about do anything.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

And funnily enough, I think the soundtrack is a great piece of work. I do think Mariah is surrounded by 'yes' people, though. Sometimes it's hard to believe she made Butterfly.

OMFG.. I love the soundtrack. Mariah is always the first to point out that Glitter was one of the highest ever selling/charting "soundtracks" tehehehehe.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

That Billboard performance was beyond painful. I'm sure that high note was mimed. I feel sorry for the people who constantly try to defend Mariah's abilities. She clearly doesn't have the voice anymore.

She announced she'd be doing a show on Valentine's Day in Vegas. Apparently the first few rows start out at $3,500 a seat. omg. really.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Absolute disgrace. To hear her try and sing like she used to? Mariah needs a wake up call. I think she's so far up her own hole, she doesn't have a clue.

Vegas doesn't seem to be good for those "big voice" singers. When Celine started there she was pretty bad as well, but over time she got much better (listen to the live CD from one of the earlier performances and then the DVD that was released towards the end - like night and day!)

btw the European edition of the hits compilation doesn't have Someday. It has Without You instead (and a few other songs that are different, but those are the ones nobody cares about). What? I know Without You was a big hit (with American Idol contestants), but how can she leave out Someday?!