Thread: Looking Young, or the Botox Alternative Thread

Wink Looking Young, or the Botox Alternative Thread

What moisturizers are you all using to keep the wrinkles at bay? Any secrets or products that you MUST have (lots of my friends RAVE about the Chanel eye cream)? I've been looking into the Bee Venom thing, but it's a bit too pricey. I may invest in it though on my 40th b-day.

Sunscreen. And wide brimmed hats. Though I have a friend who raves about the L'oreal Youth Code line.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Neutrogena spectum+face sunblock lotion for daytime in the sun.

The best thing you can hope for is good genetic material. You can also eat well and exercise. I know these are all "duh" things. I do swear by Vitamin E gel. I got some when my daughter scraped up her face really bad to help prevent scaring. When she was all healed, I commandeered the jar and it smooths out the skin and feels so wonderful too!

I like the whole Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle line. Apparently it has all the key ingredients of the pricier alternatives and it seems to be working for me. Like Kari said, it's cheap and has Retinol but the formulation works for me; I get a little peeling but it's not out of control like some other creams I've tried.

I eat chocolate to maintain my youthfulness...moisturising my skin from within!

Also, plenty of spf15. Using a day and night moisturiser, but honestly, I don't ever think it makes much of a difference for me.

I had store credit about to expire and used it towards the YSL Forever Youth Liberator serum recently....it was £60! That's a shame because the stuff is miraculous on my dry skin to the extent that I'm considering buying another bottle when this one rubs out...but £60 is just crazy.

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Loca, you always look radiant every time you post pics. I think you have the exercise and TONS of water thing down...if you dont- you are BLESSED. damn.

I'm trying to find a routine that works for me, since I signed up to the subscription services I have tried a lot of things and would like to do something like this when I can afford it:

AM
    Dermalogica Exfoliating powder wash
    Eye cream and daytime moisturizer

PM
    Dermalogica Exfoliating powder wash
    nighttime moisturizer

Once a week or every other week (maybe?)

A mask/peel with either glycolic acid in it or Clarks Botanical mask- $78 but its like putting jesus placenta on your face, i swear.

honestly though, I dont even know what retinol or glycolic acid really is. I dont know what i need out of a skin care routine or if i even need a skin care routine. bah
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up