Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown should be removed from the gene pool.

The fact that the music industry awards him, lets him perform, plays his music on the radio... enrages me. I've dealt with domestic abuse myself and I just wonder if those who are giving him this free pass haven't experienced it, and therefore don't understand how sickening it is to watch Chris Brown strut around like he owns the place?

I've gotten into quite a few debates with friends over it. "Haven't we punished him enough?" "He learned from it, he did community service, can't we just move on?" "Rihanna is free to do what she wants, she's an adult!"

1) He's not in jail. We didn't punish him at all.
    2) He hasn't learned from it - as shown with this tattoo.
    3) Rihanna is a victim and needs more help than her handlers seem to think. I feel sorry for fans who looked up to her after she came out against violence, and even said that she couldn't go back to him because it would set a bad example to her young fans. Then she does a song with him about getting her "candles blown out" by the same man who almost killed her.

Last edited by Jake; 09-11-2012 at 09:01 PM.

There are few things more psychologically damaging than having someone you love hurt you in a way you never thought they would... And seeing Chris Brown parade around like some fucking peacock and flaunt his "fuck you, I do what I want" attitude makes me so fucking angry. This shit is insane! INSANE! And the people that defend him should be thankful they've never had to experience that kind of horrifying terror you only get from the one person in the world you thought would never hurt you, come at you with their hands raised to harm you. Ugh, it makes me physically ill just thinking of it.
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

He is a sick fucker!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    ]

But sources close to Chris insist any similarities are purely coincidental, telling TMZ: 'It's a random woman.'
    Oh, cause that makes it SO much better. "I beat up so many women, this represents them all" is what that says to me.

Dick.

It infuriates me how little backlash he got. Sure, people did a lot of "You suck" types of tweeting, but that he's still invited to perform and participate in things piss me off. The only serious consequence I saw was that his segment was kicked off of Sesame Street.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    The fact that the music industry awards him, lets him perform, plays his music on the radio... enrages me. I've dealt with domestic abuse myself and I just wonder if those who are giving him this free pass haven't experienced it, and therefore don't understand how sickening it is to watch Chris Brown strut around like he owns the place?
    It's not the first time people have turned a blind eye: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Sean Connery, Nick Carter, and Nicholas Cage all beat their wives. Eminem made career out of beating his wife. Usually when celebs beat their wives, it's not a big deal and it should be, which is why many people are controversially wondering about the fuss surrounding Chris Brown. If I could have one wish on this topic, it'd be that the Chris Brown thing were less about Chris Brown and more about promoting awareness of domestic abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by uncanny hats View Post
    It's not the first time people have turned a blind eye: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Sean Connery, Nick Carter, and Nicholas Cage all beat their wives. Eminem made career out of beating his wife. Usually when celebs beat their wives, it's not a big deal and it should be, which is why many people are controversially wondering about the fuss surrounding Chris Brown. If I could have one wish on this topic, it'd be that the Chris Brown thing were less about Chris Brown and more about promoting awareness of domestic abuse.
    I wish it could be about promoting awareness, too. Sadly, in our world of wanting to know every last dirty detail about our "celebrities" the reason they're in the news gets over shadowed by the pure drama and spectacle of the Hollywood media circus. And people like Chris Brown, who are in the headlines for breaking the law and/or just being generally terrible people, appear to simply enjoy the attention. They don't care how they get the attention, they're just happy to have it... Like a loud toddler, "LOOK AT ME! MOMMY! LOOK AT ME! MOMMY!"

Yes. We get it, Chris Brown. You're a big man. Oooooo, look at how much you don't care about what people think. With your nasty-ass (poorly done) neck tattoo. You're sooooooo hard and such a big mean thug. *sigh*

Thank you, Ryan, for letting us know about this thread.

Because anything trashing this complete waste of protoplasm is something I want to see.

*subscribes*
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

OH HAY, I WANNA BE THE STEVEN SPIELBERG OF MUSIC VIDEOS.
    Whether they’re fun or super serious, the videos for Fortune are all mesmerising. How involved do you get in the developing the stories and visuals, and the production?

With the comedy videos like “Till I Die” – which I did with Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean – it was like, cool. Let’s have fun with it. Make a crazy video. Being able to direct by myself and have full creative focus and being able to know the cameras – that was the easiest part. The vision is the hard part. Whenever you’re sleeping, you have that dream or that nightmare and that’s your video. That’s how I kind of interpret it. Or whatever I see when I hear the music, whatever vision I see, I put it right onto paper and put it out on the video. Like the video for “Don’t Judge Me” – it was me going into a spaceship. Not to be arrogant when I say it, but I want to be the Steven Spielberg of music videos, to be innovative and young, not to put a bar on it just because of budgetary issues or certain capabilities.
    http://prestigehongkong.com/2012/11/fame-and-fortune

What a fuckin' tool.

but I want to be the Steven Spielberg of music videos,
    Yes. You should, totally.

to be innovative and young,
    Clearly, just like 66-year-old Spielberg.

not to put a bar on it just because of budgetary issues
    Chris Brown for presidency

It's too bad he wasn't sent far away with his spaceship!

Fuck the spaceship. Just stuff him into a rocket, point it at the sun, and FIRE.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Let's not waste the jet fuel... can't we just set him on fire? or drop him in a shark tank? or just lock him in a dark room and forget about him?

I feel like the last one would hurt him the most.

But if we're going to strap him to a rocket, can it be like the end of "Toy Story"? Except that there won't be a gallant cowboy to rescue him. He just shoots into the sky and explodes. Then we all cheer.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Maybe he and Mel Gibson can do a cage match. Death to the douches!

THUNDER DOME!!!!!

feel it seep thru the slick divide MyNameisWarts's Avatar
    While I realize that this is one of the least controversial opinions one can express, I just want to add to the consensus that Chris Brown is a vile abomination and a sorry excuse for a human being. Honestly, I am all about forgiveness; I think it is conceivable that following something like the Rihanna incident a person can redeem himself, and change into a better person. But he has repeatedly shown himself to be a contemptible, narcissistic, rageful, impulsive, villainous enemy of women and gays, and the fact that he goes on existing sickens me. He is also not a very good musician, songwriter or performer, so I find it inconceivable that he has somehow managed to remain "relevant" as an artist.