Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U

Wii U

U.S. pricing was just announced at $300 for the regular edition and $350 for deluxe. I'm a little surprised that Nintendo felt comfortable going that high, but I suppose that controller with a built-screen has to drive up costs.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm not so sure it's going to capture the attention of the mainstream in the same way that the Wii did.
    Last edited by Andyland; 09-15-2012 at 06:45 PM.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I'd get the $349 for just the black color alone, but the 4x memory and extra game included really makes that seem even more worth it.

I'd love it, but I'll probably have to wait for a price drop. I'm hoping I can transfer my digital library over from my Wii through registering my systems or something- it'd make me a lot more interested since I have less interest these days in new console games.

This is the first time a new Nintendo system didn't really excite me.
    I see the potential in the controller but that's mostly for multiplayer games and I usually play on my own. I feel like that is going to keep most 'hardcore' gamers away from the Wii U (that and the bad reputation the Wii got after way too much shovelware and not enough good games).
    The launch line up isn't something that's going to persuade me either.
    post28!

Well, thanks to Nintendo's feigning unrealistic demand for this system, the only place left for me to pre-order from was Wal*Mart. It churns my stomach to give that corporation one dime, let alone $500. The only option they were allowing for was an unnecessary "bundle" that jacked the price up. I would've wanted to buy New Super Mario Bros. U anyway, so it's not that bad, but with the extra controller that was required, plus shipping, and tax.. it's a significant increase in price over the $349 price tag.

I feel like kicking something right now, namely myself, but at least I can say I have a pre-order in on the system.

I'm sticking with my last-gen XBox360. The only other console I feel like investing in is either the PS3 or the next-gen PS or XBox. Wii U and the Wii has/had me not caring in the least bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    U.S. pricing was just announced at $300 for the regular edition and $350 for deluxe. I'm a little surprised that Nintendo felt comfortable going that high, but I suppose that controller with a built-screen has to drive up costs.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm not so sure it's going to capture the attention of the mainstream in the same way that the Wii did.
    I'm excited too. I've demanded it as a present for Hannukah I agree that it's not gonna set the world ablaze like the Wii. As long as the games are quality that's all that matters. Looking forward to Super Mario Bros. U and Rayman Legends but thaey haven't announced a game yet that blows my socks off. Bayonetta 2 might do that but that doesn't come out til 2013.

My deluxe pre-order was finally delivered this morning!!! I have to admit I feel like a giddy kid again whenever a big Nintendo box shows up. I've already read about all the backlash regarding the hour-long firmware update right out of the box, so I'm aware that I'll have that to look forward to..

All I'll have is Nintendo Land, as well, with the exception of the original Wii stuff of course. New SMB U isn't gonna be delivered until tomorrow... so I have plenty of time to get things situated.

I got the Wii U on Sunday and I like it so far. I can't connect to my wifi for some reason but the cable company is coming out today to help with that. I only bought New Super Mario Bros U so far but I'm definitely getting Rayman Legends in March and I might get Darksiders 2. I love that I can turn on the console in my living room but then go play Mario on the gamepad in my bedroom if it's late at night and I can lay on my bed while playing. I also find that 2D Mario games are a better experience on handheld devices.

Has any Zelda games are going to be released on it I'll concider buying it. One Mario game isn't really enough, haha.

It's only been confirmed that a zelda and a 3d mario are in development, but not much more than that...
    post28!

I honestly don't know if I can wait several more years for the next Zelda game. I want one NOW lol. I hope at least they release a new Zelda game for the 3DS by next holiday season. Phantom Hourglass came out pretty soon after Twilight Princess.

In the garden of your mind. Tellurium's Avatar
    I've read that Zelda is being given an estimated 2014 release date. Not that that's very specific, and with games, plans change so it's really anybody's guess. I'm anxious for the next one too! I'm waiting on the Wii U until more games come out to see if I'm really bothered with it. Does look nifty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beulah Land View Post
    I honestly don't know if I can wait several more years for the next Zelda game. I want one NOW lol.
    Well, actually, the Darksiders game has a LOT in common with zelda games in terms of puzzles, chests, dungeons and items that help you through them. It's no fairtytale setting but it plays similar. You even get to ride a horse... I quite liked it!
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Well, actually, the Darksiders game has a LOT in common with zelda games in terms of puzzles, chests, dungeons and items that help you through them. It's no fairtytale setting but it plays similar. You even get to ride a horse... I quite liked it!
    Yeah I'm playing Darksiders 2 right now. I bought it because other Zelda fans recommended it. I like it so far, I'm about 1/3 through the game, but it's making me crave a new Zelda game.