Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Hmm so the final issue of Nintendo Power came in the mail yesterday. Really, really upsetting and bittersweet as I had been a subscriber for at least 23 of its 24 years in publication. Bittersweet because the magazine had been on a downward spiral for the better part of the past decade, so it's good to see that the nosedive finally ends here. But the final two pages of the last issue had me teary eyed, with the cartoon throw-back to the 1st issue, only with the Nester kid all grown up now and with a boy of his own. And his room looks quite a lot like mine did when I lived at my parents. I unfortunately got rid of all the old posters that adorned my walls though...

NP was iconic and the true (if biased) hub of all things Nintendo. They did do one final batch of reviews on the Wii U games. ZombiU got the highest review and while I'm not really a fan of that genre of gaming, I might have to pick it up. Scribblenauts Unlimited is fun, but pretty much 100% of the game is played on the GamePad, which renders the TV useless unless you have other people watching you play. It's also annoying me that the GamePad seems to suck battery life even when I'm not using it. I'll go a few days in between usage and find that it's completely dead. And it only lasts a few hours anyway, so it may as well just live plugged into a wall.

So yeah, I'm not really sure where Nintendo goes from here. As much as I hate to say it, I almost kind of hope WiiU is the last stand, and Nintendo will go on to keep making franchise titles on PS/Xbox. Obviously the Marios and Zeldas etc are the only thing really keeping them afloat (well that and their dominating but diminishing hold on portable gaming), and about the only exclusive titles I find myself continually buying.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 12-16-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by Wingull View Post
    I'd love it, but I'll probably have to wait for a price drop. I'm hoping I can transfer my digital library over from my Wii through registering my systems or something- it'd make me a lot more interested since I have less interest these days in new console games.
    You can, but then the info is removed from your original wii.

That's not much of an issue for me. If I'm using it on one, I don't need it on the other.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought one. Just playing Nintendo Land and NSMBU right now, but I like the console. Big improvement over the Wii I think, though we'll see how the console's catalog and eStore develops. Was going to buy Mass Effect 3, but why spend $60 on it for WiiU when I could get 1-3 in better packaging for the same price for PS3? Also contemplated buying Ass Creed 3 but I'm not that stoked about the series and figure I could similarly get a better price on PS3 and probably have a better time with it.

So far, my biggest gripe is the use of Wii Mode. I mean, I get it, creating a virtual port of the Wii menu was probably an easier move than trying to port things further and integrate VC/WiiWare into the WiiU, but... ugh. It's just such an ugly hassle and I hate having to go through hoops just to play Donkey Kong and FF1. Still, I am glad to essentially put my Wii away.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Ass Creed 3 is a big bore anyway... I would say it's a fans only game (heck, I'm a ass creed fan and I thought it was tedious as all fuck).
    post28!

My biggest gripe is that the Wii Pad sucks battery life when not in use - The wireless nature of it is pretty much pointless when it has to be plugged into a wall constantly.

The Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker is getting a Wii U HD remake...........so this is how Nintendo are going to tempt me into considering a Wii U then, damn them!

Wind Waker HD is happening!

In the garden of your mind. Tellurium's Avatar
    I was a bit skeptical regarding the point of making graphics such as WW's into HD... But holy fucktits that looks pretty. Damn them indeed! It's probably my favourite Zelda game, too.

Still, I probably won't shell out for one for a while yet.

Yeah I didn't expect it to look that good, but I'm impressed!
    Like you I prob won't get one just yet.... apparently the new Mario Kart and Smash Bros are being demoed at E3 in June

Wii U

So after weeks of overtime i treated myself to one. Mario is crazy cool, snes style!
    Username: captainvimes, add me yo!
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by Tellurium View Post
    I was a bit skeptical regarding the point of making graphics such as WW's into HD... But holy fucktits that looks pretty. Damn them indeed! It's probably my favourite Zelda game, too.

Still, I probably won't shell out for one for a while yet.
    Yeah when I heard the news I was like whatever. But then I saw the pics and was like holy shit! It looks gorgeous! Some fans are speculating that there will be additional content like the extra dungeons that were scrapped during development but I think it's just gonna be a visual upgrade only.

F-Zero (SNES) is only 30 cents for a limited time, with probably about a dozen more titles to be simlarly priced throughout the year.

In all honesty, that's how much most NES/SNES games should cost normally anyway. Maybe $1 for NES and $3 for SNES, tops. $5 for NES games is kind of a joke.

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    I just got a WiiU as well.
    I like it a lot, though the system is in need for GAMES!

My name: Malike-pakile.

I'm waiting for Lego City. End of this month, yay!
    It's what I bought the damn thing for
    post28!

Ooooh, I should get that next month! Enjoying NSMBU and Nintendo Land but I need more games that aren't VC/Wii titles!