Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegan and Sara

We'll see how brave you are. Bluebell's Avatar
    Here's the video for "Closer!" It's adorable.

Their cover of "Fool to Cry" was released today. I'll hold off on listening to it until Heartthrob leaks.

They'll eat your baby cat! Peter Z's Avatar
    New song "I Was A Fool" is now streaming via Glamour's website. I love this song!

Another new song. I really love this one!

"Now I'm All Messed Up"

I'm going crazy over this album. Avoiding all the new material has been very hard and I want Heartthrob to leak ASAP! There's no doubt in my mind that this will be the first awesome album of 2013.

i love everything i have heard from this album so far. i love Tegan and Sara. and i don't mind the poppy production. it's fresh. and fits the songs so well. and i loved all their collaborations. so, i am assured this album won't disappoint and will kick ass.

Tegan and Sara

My favorite song on the record is Goodbye Goodbye! It makes the first three songs just come crazy alive

New song, "Shock To Your System!" This is the closing track on Heartthrob. Premiered today exclusively via Vanity Fair!

^^ So did this leak?

Tegan and Sara

Not yet. They're just having a super intense and widespread rollout of the album this week.

Shock To Your System is probably the best one so far. A great track!

Holy crap, tumblr just exploded with Heartthrob streams!!! I think the whole album is streaming now. Still, I'd like my first listen to feature decent audio quality so I don't know...

Ok, what do you people think of the album? The highlight for me is definitely Shock To Your System, which is the closest the album gets to Sainthood's brilliance. I do like Love They Say, Messed Up and I was A Fool as well but otherwise I get the same feeling as with Goldfrapp's Head First; some of the songs seem like pastiches of the 80's/ early 90's radio pop more than just being influenced by it. Sometimes it gets so shamelessly poppy it makes me blush.

It's definitely an interesting listen, but I don't know if I'll be able to fairly judge it for a few months. I love it right now, but will I want to go back to it in six months or is it all empty calories?

Right now, I'm loving Closer, I Was A Fool, How Come You Don't Want Me and Love They Say. Looking forward to a listen on the treadmill today (Sainthood is one of my all time favorite running albums, and I'm interested to see how this stacks up).

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    I Was A Fool has been stuck in my head for days, and I think as a whole Heartthrob is a pretty solid pop album. Yeah, it does get almost too 80's/90's nostalgia poppy at times, but that is what I like about it.
    Suck it, Shawn.