Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegan and Sara

I think the album is fantastic. The songs are melodically just as strong as they've ever been. It sounds a bit more sparse to me, but somehow also bigger. I can hear every little individual sound and layer so clearly. The vocals are also quite outstanding. Some of the vocal tones sound really sweet, and resigned in a way they haven't been previously.

I'm a bit sad their show tonight isn't happening. It has been that one thing I've been looking forward to that got me through the past couple weeks. I drove halfway to NYC in pretty bad weather before I found out, though I do completely understand the cancellation. There's not much you can do about being sick, and I appreciate that they rescheduled instead of performing a compromised show. So, now I guess Feb. 19 is the date to look forward to!
    When they're calling
    From the edge

Love the album! At first I didn't like it much, but all the songs grew on me. I don't think Heartthrob is as interesting lyrically as their other albums, but it makes up for it with catchy hooks. The best song is easily Shock to Your System followed by Godbye, Goodbye and Closer. Other favorites include Now I'm All Messed Up, I'm Not Your Hero and How Come You Don't Want Me. I'm happy this album is different from their other attempts and I hope they keep switching it up in the future.

I certainly enjoy Shock To The System, but it's not quite hitting me like it seems to be for most people. It never quite takes off the way I want it to. Solid track, but not quite my favorite

I stand no chance of growing up Tulip In A Cup's Avatar
    I have been obessed with Now I'm all messed up. I heard it at the recent show I went to and couldn't wait to hear the album version. It was better live but they are just better live in general.

I've just begun listening to the new album, and really am liking it thus far!

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar

Icon15

Casual fan confession time! I loved Under Feet Like Ours and This Business of Art, but wasn't so keen on If It Was You when it was released. They'd expanded beyond scrappy Ani DiFranco/Melissa Ferrick-esque folk and I just... hadn't. The only album of theirs I've heard in full since then was The Con, which I really liked. I'm giving Heartthrob a listen now and it's pretty much making me swoon. I think I'm going to go back and check out all the releases I missed.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    GURL. You need to get on So Jealous with the quickness!!

I'm loving the new album too, btw.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Seaward View Post
    GURL. You need to get on So Jealous with the quickness!!
    ! Will do. Totally craving more of their sound.

The ending of I'm Not Your Hero reminds me of part of Bjork's Hyper-ballad

Tegan and Sara

Late to the party but this is the first 2013 album that I thoroughly enjoy from start to finish. I never really invested time in T&S but damn this album is hella catchy and fun and full of strong melodies. Current obsession: I'm not your hero.
    This will probably end up rather high on the end of the year list.
    post28!

I stand no chance of growing up Tulip In A Cup's Avatar
    It is a really infectious album. I love to work out to it. Really gets me pumped!

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I am madly in love with this album, it's deliciously poppy and uplifting. It also plays well with Goldfrapp's "Head First", Gossip's "A Joyful Noise", and Sia's "We Are Born". *happy dance party*

We'll see how brave you are. Bluebell's Avatar
    Some cringe-worthy lyrical moments aside, I adore Heartthrob. I've been playing the hell out of it for weeks and it keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Some cringe-worthy lyrical moments aside, I adore Heartthrob. I've been playing the hell out of it for weeks and it keeps getting better.
    I feel the same way. My favorites are "Drove Me Wild," "Love They Say," and "I'm Not Your Hero," but the whole thing is just a delight.

Maybe I'm a little cold and dead inside as I usually find these little kid interviews not only semi-abusive (pawns for their father to live out his journalistic aspirations) - but also really dry and boring. Kids Interview Bands Tegan and Sara edition totally made me smile though.